The Hero (Sons of Texas) by Donna Grant

The Hero (Sons of Texas)

by Donna Grant

Where to begin...
This is not my usual genre, I'm a kilts and swords kinda girl, but since Donna Grant deviated, I figured so would I. And I'm glad I did! Owen and Natalie are well matched, you can just feel the sparks as you're reading. I had no problem envisioning what was happening, from the fight scenes to the shootouts and beyond, I was glued to the page. It has action, suspense, intrigue and of course, romance.
Wyatt and Callie have piqued my curiosity and can't wait for their story. (Book 3!) They are so at odds with each there has to be a humdinger of a backstory. She gives a few clues but nothing substantial.
They all have had their share of heartbreak so you just want every one of them to have a happy ending!

*** I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review through Bookstr.com*** ( )
  CelticBookDragon | Apr 12, 2017 |
The Hero by Donna Grant
Sons of Texas #1

As the introduction to a new series with at least three brothers to write about and a kidnapped father to find there will be three novels, if not more, in this series. I can see other books in the series if “sons of Texas” means any male from or living in Texas and if that is so there is Mark the Sheriff, Simon Moore the Chemist and a “son” that could show up for Emily Ashcroft the biologist…and any others that might show up as the series progresses.

This is definitely romance and filled with suspense. Owen and Natalie were high school sweethearts that separated painfully when they graduated. Their lives have gone on with him becoming a Navy SEAL and her getting a degree, living and working in Russia, and working later in Texas for an imaginary Russian embassy located in Dallas. With a biomedical weapon stolen, the Russians wanting it back, three military brothers with females by their sides to make things right this has potential as a series.

Things I liked: dialogue, pacing, characters, potential, the father, strong female characters, alpha males

What I did not like as much: believability - 14 years apart and hot for one another at first sight, embassy located in unbelievable place, the idea that the Loughman family had been so distant but came together with such ease as a military team, the ease with which information was obtained, Natalie stepping into doing some of the things she did without training or experience, cliffhanger at the end

BUT since this series is romantic suspense and it has potential and I do want to read the other books in the series and it was an overall good read – especially if I consider it fiction for women that want to escape without having to think about what the reality of the situation this book presents would have really entailed then…it was just fine.

I have to add that I have read and loved the two books in The Reaper series written by this author and rated them both 5 stars. With that said, thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the ARC. This is my honest review.

3 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Dec 5, 2016 |

Donna Grant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible