Surround Me by Marguerite Martin Gray
322,001,085 (5)None

I love to read about this time period. The Revolutionary War is one of my favorite storiy times. This is the second book in the Revolutionary Faith series. It was fun to find out if Elizabeth and Louis would be be able to marry with or without her fathers blessing. This is probably going to be the happiest time for these families for a few years because this is right before the actual fighting will begin. This has romance, and a little religion and politics. I received this book from Celebratelit for a fair and honest opinion. ( )
  Virginia51 | Dec 9, 2016 |
Sunday, December 4, 2016
Surround Me by Marguerite Martin Gray, © 2016
Revolutionary Faith, Book Two

About ten years ago I stood in the front bedroom of my parent’s antebellum house listening to my father tell stories about his ancestors–my ancestors while waving around a silver candlestick–my eight times great-grandfather’s gift to his bride. A story was born and I was off to Charleston, S.C.
--author Marguerite Martin Gray

Charles Town, colony of South Carolina, 1773
Waiting faithfully at the dock, Elizabeth Elliott searches the horizon to catch a closer glimpse of the sea-worthy vessel, The Rose, as her brother-in-law and hidden beloved are arriving.To see their approach in the distance! Father would believe her imperiled should he suspect her love for Louis Lestarjette and his for her. Louis has purchased a home, their home, once their engagement is announced and a wedding date arriving. Soon. Oh, my dear Lord, may it be soon! Invited to dinner with his aunt and uncle, her mother entrusted her to go, but only this once. Would Mother ever have an agreement of her own, separate from Father's whims for her? His plans, his ideals. So separate. Elizabeth's stick out so rationally, or irrationally he certainly would say, should he know or become aware of her views as a variance to his.

Louis. How alive it is to see him again. The months separated at sea; how can her sister and their children manage with her husband, Robert, apart from them so long? Manage. Such a strong word. Not to be idle, so the hours fly by until time stops once again for them alone.

When Louis was with Elizabeth, it was hard to concentrate on the negative––war, conflicts, insults, the enemy. In her presence, he focused only on peace, love, and hope.
--Surround Me, 65-66.

Certain that outside motives will not hamper their lives together, Louis and Elizabeth stay true to their plans and confidence in each other. Their future together looms large on their hearts.

A crucial time in history is right around the corner. The author has written a comprehensive involvement of the elements of Partisan and Loyalist views. What is ahead of them will cement choice and conviction. Safety for all is at hand. Will they be able to see through to each other?

***Thank you to Celebrate Lit for inviting me to be part of the blog tour for Surround Me. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.*** ( )
  lanehillhouse | Dec 4, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,151,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible