Murder in Paradise Bay by Jen Talty

Murder in Paradise Bay

by Jen Talty

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book from Ms Talty via Library Thing in exchange for an honest review.

I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this book. Though I have to admit that I had figured out about half way through who one of the culprits were (too many episodes of Murder She Wrote I guess lol), there was a twist at the end that I literally didn't see coming. Much of the story centers around Stacey & Doug discovering their love for each other, with a little murder mystery in the background. But, from page one I felt like I was part of the family and loved all of the characters. Ms Talty definitely has a way with words and I found her writing style very easy to delve into and follow along. The sexy scenes definitely made my heart race a little :)

The only downside was that there were still quite a few mistakes, so another go round with an editor would be highly suggested.

But over all, this was short, sweet and to the point. I finished it in just under 1 day and although it is listed on GoodReads as book 4 of a series, it is definitely a book that can be read on its own. I look forward to reading more from this author.

Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book. ( )
  KarinLC | Jan 14, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I would like to give thanks to Jen Talty for allowing me to read and review this great book. I thought this was a really good murder mystery that kept me guessing as to how it would end throughout the entire story. Stacey and Doug are great characters. I highly recommend and look forward to reading more books by this author. ( )
  MelissaBorsey | Jan 10, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Ms. Talty writes an exciiting and fased paced book. The main character, Stacey, becomes certified in rescue swimming for the police. Unbenownst to her, that new skill becomes part of the plot that threatens her man Doug. Both characters , Stacey and Doug, have emotional issues that need to be addressed in order to be with each another. This is interspersed through the developing story. The plot is exciting as it seems there is very little chance of freeing Doug. The evil antagonist was a surprise! I would not have imagined the villian in the end. A wonderfully written novel with in depth characters, clean and concise story wth a twisting and exciting plot. I could not put it down till the end. ( )
  Kaan_W | Jan 9, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Murder in Paradise Bay was a quick and enjoyable read. ( )
  JLLeonard | Dec 20, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Doug was a teenager living on the streets until Jim found him and took him home to live with him and his young daughter. Jim helped Doug get an education, a job and a family. Now Doug is one day away from divorcing Mary and he realizes how much he cares for Stacey, Jim's daughter, but now isn't the time to explore those feelings because he has to get the divorce first. Stacey and Doug have always been close, but now she realizes her feelings are more than just friendship. Stacey is a rescue swimmer and is asked to look for someone in the lake. Turns out that someone is Mary, Doug's soon to be ex. Before their relationship turns to anything more than friendship, they have to fend off the accusations of murder. Not only is Doug a suspect, but so is Stacey. Will they get through all of it without losing everything? ( )
  jadavid | Dec 15, 2016 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Jen Talty's book Murder in Paradise Bay was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,745,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible