Someone Like You by Lauren Layne

Someone Like You

by Lauren Layne

Series: Oxford (3)

I have been waiting for Lincoln since I first met him in the previous series. I knew there was something there. I knew it was deep. I knew it would change things for him and the status he had worked to cultivate. I knew it would take real woman to get around all that he had in place to seem the ultimate playboy. It was not all that he was about. I just did not think much of it being Daisy. I guess two peas in a pod can make for a perfect pie.

I was blown of my rocker by all the revelations. Daisy and Lincoln most certainly have a past they both wish to forget. But moving on with life was not that simple or easy to do. With the help of the other maybe it will be that much easier to cope with.

These two broken souls find more of themselves in the other and work to make things more than what it is. I loved the read and the connection for these two characters. The read allowed for more of the other characters from the interconnecting series (Stilettos & Oxford) to co-exist. There are a few more left to have the HEA. I wonder how their stories will play out. ( )
  thebookjunkiereads | Dec 21, 2016 |
In this contemporary office romance, both the male and the female protags have secrets which prevent the both of them from committing to a relationship. Neither of the secrets are little or trite ones, and the resolution of their issues deserves more ink and time than the novel allows for; but kudos to Lauren Layne for packing it into 200 pages with some credibility. This was supposed to be the final novel in a trilogy, so characters from past novels, both from the Oxford and the Sex, Love & Stiletto series all make an appearance, which can be a little annoying in trying to keep track of them all; but fans of her works will love seeing everyone for the penultimate time (There will be one more book in the series that covers the romance between two characters introduced in this book.) ( )
  Tanya-dogearedcopy | Dec 18, 2016 |
This story will stick with you for sometime after reading. It is an emotional, steamy, and heartfelt read. The author grabs your attention from the beginning and keeps your attention to the end. Lincoln and Daisy are both going through some difficult struggles in their life and the reader could feel their emotions. Boy, could you ever feel their emotions. I think this is why the story stays with you. Just thinking about this story I start to feel some of the emotions that Lincoln and Daisy went through. This was a powerful story of trust and learning to love again!

"Someone Like You" by Lauren Layne is book number three in the "Oxford" series. This is Manhattan's ultimate playboy, Lincoln Mathis and Daisy Sinclair's story.

Lincoln has a reputation for being a playboy and doesn't do anything to hide it. He has secrets from his past that his closest friends don't know. At his best friends wedding he meets the bride's twin sister, Daisy. Lincoln is attracted to her but she is off limits to him in more ways than you think.

When Daisy meets Lincoln she sees this good looking and sweet talking playboy. After going through a terrible divorce Lincoln is the type guy that she needs to avoid.

As the story progresses Daisy finds out about Lincoln's secret. She realizes that there is more to Lincoln than what he portrays to his friends. But Lincoln is not the only one with secrets from the past.

Lincoln's character was amazing. Daisy and Lincoln are perfect for one another. Will they be able to love again?

A fun and steamy read that really tugs at your heart. This is a ride you do not want to miss!

FYI, includes mature content. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. ( )
  booksnuggle | Dec 6, 2016 |
4 1/2 stars
True confession time: I stopped reading romance novels a few years back unless they were paranormal or suspense or comedic because it had begun to feel like I was reading the same novel over and over again. Since I started book blogging, I have picked up several. Some have been of that previous ilk, but some have just knocked the notion of a “typical” romance novel right off of its foundation. Someone Like You is one of the latter and has had me asking how it is that I have only now just discovered Lauren Layne?

Daisy Sinclair is in New York to celebrate her twin sister’s marriage and has been warned to stay away from the best man, Lincoln Mathis, because he’s a player. Lincoln has been warned to stay away from Daisy because, well, he’s a player, and there would be hell to pay if he hurt Daisy. But the instant that Daisy and Lincoln see each other, it’s not love at first sight. It’s something else, something far deeper. They see like souls and they have an immediate connection that goes far beyond immediate attraction.

read more: https://saschadarlington.me/2016/12/06/review-of-someone-like-you/ ( )
  SaschaD | Dec 6, 2016 |
Yay...Lincoln's story! This is the third book in the Oxford series and my favorite so far. This book cold easily be read as a stand alone although you will not know the history of some of the characters. Lincoln's character shines from the moment he first shows up on the page. As soon as he had a role in this series, I knew that I needed to read his story. It turns out that his story was worth the wait.

I had a feeling that Lincoln was a lot more than what we have seen in the previous books and I was right. He is a gorgeous playboy who can have any woman that he wants. Women literally throw themselves at this man but I had to know what made him tick. Let me just say that I was shocked by what is learned about Lincoln's past in this book. I liked his character before I started this book but I like him even more now that I have finished.

Daisy has her own story and everyone seems to be walking on eggshells around her. She has been through a divorce but it seemed that there was more to the story. Daisy's story wasn't as shocking as Lincoln's but it did explain a lot. I liked Daisy a lot. She worked hard to put her life back together and had an inner strength that was impressive. I liked how easily she was able to really see Lincoln for who he is.

I loved Lincoln and Daisy as a couple. These two were just so perfect together. From the very beginning of the book, they were just a lot of fun. They connected almost immediately and really were a perfect match for each other. They had wonderful chemistry and I liked how they seemed to feel comfortable with each other immediately. The build up of the romance was intense and I was completely invested by the time they actually acted on it.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. Lincoln is such a great character and I loved his story. I also really enjoyed the fact that the obstacle that this couple had to overcome is a little different than I usually see and was completely unexpected. I am looking forward to reading more for this talented author very soon.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Dec 5, 2016 |

Lauren Layneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Estrella, RebeccaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, TantorPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Part I
Chapter 1

"Lincoln, you know that I love you like a brother, but if you make a move on my sister, I will end you."

From Amazon.com:

Lincoln Mathis, a man who’s living a lie—until his dream woman takes away the pain.

Lincoln Mathis doesn’t hide his reputation as Manhattan’s ultimate playboy. In fact, he cultivates it. But behind every flirtatious smile, each provocative quip, there’s a secret that Lincoln’s hiding from even his closest friends—a tragedy from his past that holds his heart quietly captive. Lincoln knows what he wants: someone like Daisy Sinclair, the sassy, off-limits bridesmaid he can’t take his eyes off at his best friend’s wedding. He also knows that she’s everything he can never have.

After a devastating divorce, Daisy doesn’t need anyone to warn her off the charming best man at her sister’s wedding. One look at the breathtakingly hot Lincoln Mathis and she knows that he’s exactly the type of man she should avoid. But when Daisy stumbles upon Lincoln’s secret, she realizes there’s more to the charming playboy than meets the eye. And suddenly Daisy and Lincoln find their lives helplessly entwined in a journey that will either heal their damaged souls . . . or destroy them forever.

Lincoln Mathis is legendary for his exploits with the ladies. As Oxford's go-to guy for one-liners, one-night stands, and all things no-strings-attached, Lincoln has yet to meet a woman he couldn't charm into his bed-until he meets the magazine's new copy editor. Shy, bookish, and adorably awkward, Tori should be grateful for the attention of a handsome bachelor. But to Lincoln's surprise, the harder he tries to win her over, the more she dodges him. Victoria Blake knows Lincoln's type all too well, and she has zero interest in becoming one more notch in his belt. After winding up as the butt of a mean-spirited prank in college, Tori learned not to believe that a gorgeous playboy could truly be interested in someone like her. But the more she gets to know him, the more she suspects that Lincoln's sleazy swagger is a facade, carefully crafted to hide his pain. And maybe Tori can be the one to heal his broken heart, even if it means risking her own.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,613,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible