So Much Love by Rebecca Rosenblum

So Much Love

by Rebecca Rosenblum

I was loving this story except for the infusion of the former death of a waitress and poet that Catherine liked, it seemed to take away from the story rather than add to it for me. I would have given this a five star if it weren't for the unrelated part, otherwise I did enjoy this book. ( )
  myers3 | Sep 3, 2017 |
Catherine Reindeer vanishes without a trace after work. Now everyone in the small town is left with unanswered questions, worst-case scenarios and tiny shreds of hope. While being held prisoner Catherine remembers the poems of a local female poet who had been murdered decades earlier. After being held for months against her will it's only after she suffers a devastating loss that she finds the power to make an escape.

We learn how this affects not only those closest to her but also acquaintances of Catherine's. We learn how her quiet strength and determination allow her to start to live her life again although it's different from the life she loved and lived before. The first chapter started off great! The book seemed so promising but sadly it kept going downhill after that first chapter and it isn't something that's going to be memorable for me. Maybe too many points-of-view. ( )
  jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |

Olive Kitteridge meets Room and The Lovely Bones in this stunning first novel about the unexpected reverberations the abduction of a young woman has on a small community.

When Catherine Reindeer vanishes from the parking lot outside the restaurant where she works, an entire community is shattered. Moving back and forth from her outer circle of acquaintances to her closest intimates, So Much Love reveals how an unexpected disappearance can overturn the lives of those left behind: Catherine’s fellow waitress now sees danger all around her. Her mother seeks comfort in saying her name over and over again. Her professor finds himself thinking of her constantly. Her husband refuses to give up hope that she will one day return. But at the heart of the novel is Catherine’s own surprising story of resilience and recovery. When, after months of captivity, a final devastating loss forces her to make a bold decision, she is unprepared for everything that follows.
A riveting novel that deftly examines the complexity of love and the power of stories to shape our lives, So Much Love confirms Rebecca Rosenblum’s reputation as one of the most gifted and distinctive writers of her generation.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 05 Mar 2017 10:28:13 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,642,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible