Merry Me by Amanda Siegrist

Merry Me

by Amanda Siegrist

411,664,912 (4.5)None

This review is based on an eARC I received from Author Amanda Siegrist. It is an honest and voluntary review and the advanced receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

Charming, poignant and a real page turner! First off I just love the title. Great word play and it is an adorable book. This a sweet little Christmas love story that also has elements of anger, loss, romance, humor and lust. Just an all over feel good story that keeps you entertained from start to finish.

Lynn’s character was written as a woman who is trying to make ends meet but is not bitter with her life circumstances. When you learn her background story it is bittersweet. I love that she is written as a bit insecure due to her place in life but she does not let her insecurities, when faced with a situation that would make most women see red, make her lose her common sense and doubt everything. Loved that!

Elliot’s character has issues with Christmas because he misses his mom but trust me he is not written as a whiny momma’s boy. He is a strong, loyal and likable character. I love how he was so focused on finding out who gave him the unmarked gift that he found on the porch. I enjoyed how the connection was made and that it gave him the lightbulb moment where he figured out who had indeed given him the present. He might start the story off as a real scrooge but as the it progresses he finds true happiness and works hard to keep things together.

Both protagonists are well rounded and the supporting characters add enough interest to the story to make it heartwarming but the book is truly about the relationship between Elliot and Lynn. The story has well developed ideas with nicely tied together subplots. Also, this might be a romantic novel intended to put you in the holiday spirit but it is not without some sexy times. The romance is definitely there and not only is it steamy but there is also some humor surrounding their attraction to each other.

Was there anything I would add? During a sex scene, there is a condom in play but then the story does not discuss disposal of it. Then when they had more sexy times there was no mention of protection, so it’s assumed they are using more? If a subject is introduced I do expect it to be brought to a conclusion. Now if they had a conversation about her already being on birth control and they were both consenting to no secondary protection then no issues for me but to have it brought into play and never mentioned again caught my attention. It is a minor point to the overall story and most people probably would not even notice.

I adored this story and I flew through it in no time at all. Such a cute Christmas novel but no worries this story has plenty of romance, humor and drama to entertain one and all. I highly recommend taking time this book during this hectic season!

*Thank you to Author Amanda Seigrist for this eARC of Merry Me* ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Dec 5, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible