Textrovert by Lindsey Summers

Textrovert

by Lindsey Summers

205515,329 (2.9)None

[b:Textrovert|30960329|Textrovert|Lindsey Summers|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1493648743s/30960329.jpg|51575848] by [a:Lindsey Summers|16040250|Lindsey Summers|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1493059599p2/16040250.jpg], originally published on Wattpad as [b:The Cell Phone Swap|28433419|The Cell Phone Swap|Lindsey Summers|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1451764842s/28433419.jpg|26037689], is a sweet YA contemporary romance.

Keeley is celebrating the end of her summer vacation at a local fair with her best friend Nicky and her twin brother Zach when she realizes she lost her phone. Thankfully, after a bit of panicked searching, she manages to find it... Or at least she thinks it's her phone that she found.

Later that night she gets a phone call from a complete stranger telling her that they must have some how mixed up their phones at the fair. Unfortunately, Talon, the boy she accidentally swapped phones with, has to leave for football camp the next day so they won't be able to switch back their cell phones for another week. Promising to forward each other's messages and calls, they start getting to know each other better, but being complete strangers allows them to talk freely and honestly with out fearing what letting their guards down may do to their reputations. After sending tons of fun, sassy and flirty texts back and forth, a friendship develops between the two.

It isn't until they meet in person that Talon finally realizes who Keeley is: the sister of his arch nemesis. Talon and Zach are the captains of rival highschool football teams. However, their issues with each other go beyond winning and losing football games. Soon, secrets are exposed and true identities are revealed. What happens when her brother finds out his sister is dating Talon? Will Keeley's feelings remain the same after discovering what happened between her brother and boyfriend, and learning Talon's deepest and darkest secret?

This book is about 240 pgs long, but its a super quick and addicting read; I read this book in one sitting. There are a lot of pages written out in a texting format, which added a more realistic feel and made this story fun to read.

The three main characters were developed well, but I wish some of the secondary characters (like Gavin) were more fleshed out. There is a lot of drama between Keeley, Zach and Talon, but they all showed so much character growth by the end and that made me happy to see. I really like that this isn't an "Insta-love" story. Lindsey Summers created a great and slow build up between Keeley and Talon, which I appreciated.

I really enjoyed this contemporary highschool romance, its sweet, full of fluff and touched on some important problems that I feel more teens should read about, but I can't help but feel like something was missing? This felt almost too short to feel complete for me. The pacing was so fast, especially because a good portion of this book is read in a text messaging format, that I blew through this book and before I realized it, it ended. I definitely wanted more. It would have been nice to see them go on more cool dates, or maybe to see how Nicky finally warmed up to Talon, or perhaps to have expanded on Talon's and Gavin's relationship, or maybe even to see Talon and Zach interact with each other on better terms at the end. It just felt like Textrovert was missing something for me and I wish there was a bit more added to this story.

Over all, this is a sweet and fun YA romance about two highschoolers who take a chance with each other, when perhaps they wouldn't have if they knew who the other was before accidentally swapping cell phones. Its fast paced, and full of romantic fluff and highschool drama.

**** I received and eBook copy of this title via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. *** ( )
  Stories_to_live_by | Nov 29, 2017 |
*I received this book through a GoodReads Giveaway.*

This novel is pretty good for the author's first. I appreciated the idea of two teenagers getting their phones mixed up and the ensuing drama. If anything, it was the last few chapters I wasn't sure of. Talon is revealed to have shared revealing pictures of his former girlfriend (she moved out of town as a result) and Keeley has to decide if she will forgive him or not. I realize this is an issue more and more teenagers face, but my complicated adult feelings may be getting in the way of the book's relatively smooth resolution to this problem. ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Aug 30, 2017 |
Two seniors from different high schools accidentally pick up each other's cell phones at a fair. The resulting conversations and relationship are fun to follow. This is a realistic fiction YA book, but there are a few unrealistic moments--such as football players texting during a big game. The coach would probably smash the phone. ( )
  AmandaSanders | Jul 22, 2017 |
Up front, I must say this book was sickly sweet and corny, and the plot wasn't original, but there was something about it that engaged me from start to finish. Keeley was a relatable character who developed and grew throughout the book, and talon was a sweetie with hidden depth. The only character who annoyed me was Zach, Keeley's twin brother and Talon's arch football enemy. I found him shallow and selfish, although he did redeem himself slightly at the end.

I managed to read "Textrovert" in a couple of sittings as much of the writing consisted of texts between Keeley and Talon. However, there was far more to the story than just the swapping of messages. There was continual drama between Keeley and Talon as secrets were revealed, but there were also some adorable moments between them as well. With no sexual references or language, and a very cute romance, younger teenage girls, especially, will love this book. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jun 30, 2017 |
Enjoyable teen romance about Keeley who accidentally switches phones with Talon, whom she has never met and their ultimate budding romance. But there's complications involving Keeley's twin brother Zach and Talon's x-girlfriend. ( )
  Jane-Phillips | May 27, 2017 |

It's bad enough when high-school senior Keeley grabs the wrong phone while leaving her small town's end-of-summer fair. It's even worse when she discovers that the phone she now has belongs to the obnoxious, self-centered Talon and that he's just left for football camp...with her phone. Reluctantly, the two agree to forward messages for a week. And as Keeley gets to know Talon, she starts to like him. Keeley learns there's more to Talon than the egocentric jock most people see. There's more to Keeley, too. Texting Talon, she can step out of the shadow of her popular twin brother. Texting Talon, she can be the person she's always wanted to be. Sparks fly when the two finally meet to exchange their phones. But while Keeley has been playing a part online, Talon has been keeping a secret. He has a different connection to Keeley---one that has nothing to do with phones, and one that will make their new relationship all but impossible. Knowing what she now knows, can Keeley trust him? And can love in the present erase mistakes of the past?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,741,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible