Mistletoe at Moonglow by Deborah Garner

Mistletoe at Moonglow

by Deborah Garner

Series: Moonglow (2)

A charming and sweet novella about the true reason for the holiday season.
Mist is somewhat new to the Timberton Hotel, this will be her first Christmas as part of the "family." Her creative flourishes and special talent for knowing what each individual needs adds a seemingly magical environment in which miracles may bloom.

This is a story of friendship and sorrow, of hope and healing. A story about a town that pulls together and makes the community a home for those needing it most. I doubt anyone reading this book will come away without feeling a little better about life. ( )
  LaurasReading | Jan 1, 2017 |
Imagine relaxing in a leather arm chair next to a roaring fire with a large fresh decorated Christmas Tree opposite you with the smell of Christmas cooking hovering in the air and knowing you are in the best of company a world away from your normal life. That's just what the guests at the Timberton Hotel feel like and how you, as the reader, will feel as this enjoyable simple Christmas tale works its magic.

You are greeted by the lovely owner Betty and by Mist who runs the hotel cafe and helps Betty bring magical touches to the hotel. The Timberton Hotel is located in a quaint hamlet which is the centre of the community and a real escape from the bustling world. You follow the hotel's preparations to make this Christmas a special occasion for its guests and you can almost smell the delicious food being cooked as you read.

I think everyone needs a caring Betty in their lives, and with Mist she brings a light to everyone's life with her spiritual and creative self. The guests arrive for the Christmas break burdened down with their own troubles yet group together as friends and leave filled with the magic of Christmas and hope.

Everyone needs a Mist and Betty in their lives to be reminded of a simpler, happier life. I haven't even got to mention the array of delightful cookie recipes waiting for you at the back of the book yet, what a lovely surprise!! ( )
  beckvalleybooks | Dec 21, 2016 |
The first thing I decided to do after reading this book, was check myself into the Timberton Hotel. I want Mist to cook for me and be her friend. I know what you are thinking. This is a fiction book and there is no Timberton Hotel. But the author did such an amazing job of making the hotel sound inviting, I wish it were a real place. It is nestled in a beautiful town in Montana with a breathtaking view. I could picture the hotel as guests walked in. The smells of fresh flowers and pine cones filled the air. The aroma of fresh baked cookies billowed thought the hotel welcoming guests as they entered.

Mist is unique character that reminds me of a friend you have known forever. . She seems to know what guests need before they even ask. Her presence makes people feel calm and welcomed as she goes about her day. As the guests check in they each bring their share of sadness, grief or worry. Will they find a new sense of happiness when they leave? There is nothing worse than feeling lonely or sad during the holidays. You feel like the world is moving forward but you are stuck in your own pity. Maybe this year will be different for the guests staying at the hotel.

The author gives us great characters that at times left me with tears rolling down my face slowly as I felt their pain. The book is emotional, happy and hopeful wrapped in a story full of surprises. The special gift Mist gives to each guest is priceless. The memories will linger on for years to come with the help of a very special person who has a heart that loves unconditionally. I didn't want the book to end because I truly felt like I was a guest at the hotel and wanted to savor each moment. The ending is beautifully written with a feeling of contentment. Don't miss this enduring story that will brighten your holiday with love, hope , family and the kindness of a special young woman.

I was given a complimentary copy of this book from Beck Valley Books Tours. The review is my own opinion and I was not compensated for it. ( )
  Harley0326 | Dec 11, 2016 |
Mist has a special kind of magic. The kind that comes from being a good observer, a good listener and a kind friend. In this short novella Mist weaves her special brand of charm through her cooking and art, to bring Christmas joy to the guests at The Timberton Hotel. Mist runs a cafe called Moonglow inside the hotel and she cooks up a feast for the senses.
This story made me want to start my decorating because of the artistic descriptions and clever ideas.
In addition to the lovely passages about food and fare, Mistletoe at Moonglow reminds us that the holidays can be hard for some people, but hope and happiness can be found in friendship which makes things a little easier.
I loved the female leads, Mist who runs the cafe and Betty who runs the hotel. There's also a leading man for everyone of us, from bookish Michael, to handy Clive, to caring Bob and the scholarly Professor.
Included in the book are recipes for the cookie exchange. These recipes made me want to get baking with all the yummy suggestions. A lovely story to get you in the holiday mood.

I received this book through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own.

http://bookscraftsprettythings.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/mistletoe-at-moonglow-rev... ( )
  AButchersWife | Dec 6, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,370,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible