I Hate Fairyland Volume 2: Fluff My Life by…

I Hate Fairyland Volume 2: Fluff My Life

by Skottie Young

So disturbing. So dark. So hilarious. So gratifying. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |
I preferred the first volume over this one, however, it was still really good! I think everyone just had a lot of fun with it. Every joke that could be made was made and the illustrations were as bright and violent as ever! They played around with video game illustration and even with the space time continuum! Although entertaining, this volume lacked plot and character depth for me. So that’s why it gets three stars. I’m really excited to read the third volume though. ( )
  frailrouge | Mar 28, 2018 |
I think this is probably one of my favorite comic series ever. It's hilarious, the art is perfect, the story is awesome. I wonder how long they can keep up this awesomeness? Hopefully for a long time, the world needs this book. ( )
  ragwaine | Jan 10, 2018 |
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Read this full review and more on my blog!

It's difficult to review a comic, especially as this is not the first in the series. That said I very much enjoyed this second installment of I Hate Fairyland! Gertrude is still trying to escape fairyland to get back home. There is still plenty of deaths, blood and humor. I know how it sounds but this series doesn't take itself too seriously and it's all cartoony and colorful and still definitely not for kids! It's funny, gory and light-hearted. I feel like a bit more happened in the first volume but I still very much enjoyed this one and am looking forward to the third volume.

My Booktube Channel ( )
  Wickedjr89 | Aug 22, 2017 |
I love these graphic novels, but they are not for young readers. They are violent and swear quite a bit (even though the swear words aren't real, you can tell they are swearing). Gertrude made her way through some craziness in the last volume of her story and this one is no different, except that now she is queen and isn't sure about that. She is still stuck in fairyland and still wants to get home, but she hasn't even though of anything past that - what will happen when she does get there? I am interested in finding out but for now we are still curious.

If you are into violent comics about little girls killing adorable fantasy creatures, this is for you, it is also very funny while being violent though so it isn't all murder...just most of it. ( )
  sszkutak | Feb 16, 2017 |

"Gert's still stuck in Fairyland and trying to get the fluff back home, but her quest hits a bit of a roadblock when she winds up being crowned Queen! Join Gert as she rules the world she hates, meets a new friend named Duncan Dragon, gets her face smashed in by a beautiful princess, and makes a choice that may very well lead to the last days of Fairyland"--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,450,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible