The Final Vow (A Living History Museum…

The Final Vow (A Living History Museum Mystery)

by Amanda Flower

I really enjoyed this who done it with a little bit of romance. I received this book for free and voluntarily chose to review it. I've given it a 5* rating. This was clean with just a little bit of violence. This pulled me with the harassed heroine and the wana be hero. There was just so much going on that I just wanted to know what was going to happen next. There was a couple of mysteries solved in this also. Nothing like a murder to bring out the secrets. Look forward to more of this author's work. ( )
  NancyLuebke | Jul 6, 2017 |
Kelsey Cambridge as director for the historic Barton Farm complex oversees everything, even the upcoming wedding of her ex-husband. Marrying a woman who makes all other bridezillas seem reasonable, Kelsey will just be glad when Krissie, her demands, and the wedding are all over. But when the wedding planner is found dead, having fallen from the steeple of the church, what started as an unpleasant event turned into a deadly one. This well written cozy, with its unique setting and delightful characters is a stellar mystery. ( )
  Maydacat | Jul 1, 2017 |
I have enjoyed this series that take place at a living museum. It makes me feel like I have visited the museum, but am glad not to under the circumstances that Kelsey finds Vianna under. Kelsey has her hands full with Vianna and her ideas for a wedding on the grounds, but when Kelsey finds Vianna dead, she realizes she has to find out what has happened so that the museum is not negatively affected.
I appreciated how Kelsey was able to handle herself under the circumstances and think that she has a really exciting job.
I received a copy of the book from the publisher to read and review. ( )
  polarmath | Jun 6, 2017 |
The author has written another great mystery that kept me guessing throughout the story. I loved the setting of the story and fell in love with Barton Farm. Kelsey is a wonderful character and I love her determination to make the guests always happy . However, Kelsey finds herself in an awkward position when her ex -husband and his fiancé want to get married at the farm. I can see how inviting the place would be for a bride. The church is filled with history and surrounded by intriguing artifacts. Krissie is the essential bridezilla. I instantly disliked her and felt sorry for Kelsey. With so many demands I would be pulling my hair out.

Of course Krissie has the best wedding planner around. I don't know who was more annoying; Krissie or Vianna the wedding planner. I'm sure Kelsey was hoping that Krissie would change venues when she is told no to some crazy ideas she has. When a body is found at the church late one evening, it looks like the wedding may be off. Who wanted to kill Vianna? I was quite surprised that Vianna was dead. I really thought it was going to be the bride. Poor Krissie is beside herself when she finds out the church may not be available for the wedding. I suppose learning her wedding planner was dead wasn't very important to her.

I loved how the author wrote such a great story with a few surprises that caught me off guard. There were plenty of suspects when it was determined that Vianna had been murdered. When Detective Candy Brandon started questioning Kelsey and her employees I wanted to tell her to go away. Detective Brandon is a very rude and snotty person. She seemed to really have it in for Kelsey. This is one story that gives readers wonderful characters and a mystery that was hard for me to solve. I was very , very surprised when the killer was revealed. I highly recommend this cozy mystery complete with a surprise guest from the past, and a story that I didn't want to see end. I look forward to more books from this talented author.

I received a copy of this book from The Great Escapes Book Tour. The review is my own opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | May 10, 2017 |
The Final Vow by Amanda Flower is the third book in A Living History Museum series. Kelsey Cambridge is the Director of Barton Farm in New Hartford, Ohio. She currently is planning the wedding of Krissie Pumpernickel and Eddie Cambridge, Kelsey’s ex-husband (awkward). Krissie insists on being married on Barton Farm and, thanks to her father, it is going to happen (spoiled much). Vianna Pine, Krissie’s wedding planner, is ensuring that Krissie gets her dream wedding. Krissie wants twinkle lights in the church steeple and candles inside the church. Unfortunately, it is a safety hazard, and Kelsey must put her foot down (I recommend lanterns with battery operated candles). Late that night Kelsey is disturbed by Jason who reports there is a body at the base of the church steps. Kelsey contacts 911 and runs to the church. Kelsey finds Vianna dead outside the church with a string of lights dangling from a window. She also notices a shadowy figure inside. Kelsey gives chase until she falls on tree roots in the dark. It is later discovered that Vianna did not fall, she was pushed. Krissie is thoroughly distraught when she hears that the church is a crime scene. This would ruin her wedding. Kelsey, ever the fixer, starts talking to suspects trying to narrow down the culprit. In addition, she must take on Vianna’s tasks for the wedding. There is the added problem of missing artifacts from a trunk in the storeroom. Is the theft related to the murder? Kelsey soon discovers that Vianna was hiding a big secret that would have impacted many lives. Will Kelsey be able to solve Vianna’s murder while pulling off Krissie’s dream wedding? You will have to get a copy of The Final Vow to find out!

The Final Vow was nicely written, easy to read, and has a good pace. I like the main characters of Kelsey and her family along with Chase and a few of the employees. While The Final Vow is the third book in A Living History Museum series, it can be read alone. The author provided readers with all the necessary background information. However, you would understand the Kelsey, her job and various relationships better if you read the first two books in the series. I give The Final Vow 4 out of 5 stars. The book has a good mystery, and I think that many readers will be surprised by the killer’s identity. Amanda Flower provided good, subtle clues. I am tired of Detective Candy Brandon and her nasty attitude. I keep hoping she will find a job in another town. The romance was a little too dominant for my taste. I was glad, though, to finally see some growth from Kelsey at the end of the novel. I was surprised (and disappointed) that Krissie was not bumped off. She is a totally unlikeable woman (she has been overly indulged by her parents and now Eddie) and the ultimate bridezilla. It did make for a humorous and gratifying cozy mystery. I will definitely be reading the next book in A Living History Museum series. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | May 7, 2017 |

Summer weddings in Barton Farm's picturesque church are standard procedure for museum director Kelsey Cambridge. At least they were until the Cherry Foundation, which supports the museum, orders Kelsey to host her ex-husband's wedding on Farm grounds.

When Kelsey finds Vianna's dead body at the foot of the church steps, everyone's plans fall apart. With both the wedding and Barton Farm at risk of being permanently shut down, Kelsey has to work hard to save her own happily ever after.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 26 Dec 2016 14:39:25 -0500)

Summer weddings at Barton Farm's picturesque church were standard procedure for museum director Kelsey Cambridge--until the Cherry Foundation, which supports the museum, ordered Kelsey to host her ex-husband's wedding on Farm grounds. Ambitious wedding planner Vianna Pine is determined to make the bride's Civil War-themed wedding perfect. But each time Vianna's vision threatens the integrity and safety of the Farm, Kelsey has to intervene. And when she finds Vianna's dead body at the foot of the church steps, everyone's plans fall apart. With both the wedding and Barton Farm at risk of being permanently shut down, Kelsey has to work hard to save her own happily ever after.… (more)

Amanda Flower is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,234,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible