Purr M for Murder: A Cat Rescue Mystery by…

Purr M for Murder: A Cat Rescue Mystery

by T. C. Lotempio

148683,257 (4)1

Leaving a cheating ex-fiancé and a big city advertising job, Sydney McCall returns home to help her sister, Kat, run the Deer Park, North Carolina animal shelter. Sydney immediately sets her sights on saving the Friendly Paws shelter from financial trouble and plans a cat café fundraiser at the town coffee shop. But then their troublesome landlord, Trowbridge Littleton turns up dead . . . and Kat is the prime suspect.

Although Sydney comes off as a bit of a busybody, Toby, the shelter cat, sees something special in her and decides that she’s the right person for him. A delightful, though occasionally predictable, cozy mystery that’s sure to delight all cat-loving readers. ( )
  jfe16 | May 3, 2017 |
Leaving New York, as well as her unfaithful fiancé and her place of employment where they both worked, Sydney returns to her roots in North Carolina to help her sister run a shelter for homeless cats and dogs. The shelter may be a no-kill one, but the neighborhood where it is housed has no such guarantee. When the unpleasant owner of several of the shops there is found dead, there are suspects galore, but Sydney’s sister, Kat, leads the list. All are unhappy with a significant raise in their rents, but Kat threatened the owner with physical harm. Syd is determined to prove her sister innocent, but her headstrong ways seem destined to put her in harm’s way. A fast-moving cozy and a winner in a new series, this entertaining tale has it all: likable characters, a bit of romance, a murder to solve, and of course, delightful cats and dogs. ( )
  Maydacat | Apr 17, 2017 |
A very typical cozy mystery...with some help from a cute kitty...a little bit of danger at the end but everything turns out okay.

Received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review through a Goodreads giveaway. ( )
  kristiem75 | Apr 10, 2017 |
In Purr M For Murder, the first book in A Cat Rescue Mystery Series, author TC LoTempio weaves an intriguing cozy mystery tale that follows the amateur sleuth adventures of Sydney McCall and her sidekick shelter cat named Toby. Sydney and sister Kat find themselves suspects in the murder of their landlord, Trowbridge Littleton, and Sydney is determined to clear their name and find the real killer.

Set in Deer Park, North Carolina, Sydney Mc Call moves back home from New York after breaking up with her ex-fiance to help her sister Kat save Friendly Paws, the local animal shelter that she runs. Sydney and Kat organize a cat cafe fundraiser event to help the financially troubled animal shelter. But when their landlord Trowbridge Littleton threatens to shut down the event, things go from bad to worse when Sydney goes to talk to Trowbridge at his art gallery, and finds Kat already there standing next to his dead body. When Sydney's old high school crush local homicide detective Will Worthington adds Sydney and Kat to the suspect list, Sydney is determined to find the real killer and clear their name with the help of a furry shelter feline named Toby.

Purr M For Murder is a captivating and fast-paced cozy whodunit tale that has enough quirky characters (human and animal), witty banter and humor, drama, danger, a growing list of suspects, romance, and intriguing twists and turns that will keep you engaged and guessing as Sydney's amateur sleuth adventure unfolds with a climatic ending that will leave you wanting more! I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much I enjoyed Sydney's delightful furry feline companion Toby, who chooses Sydney as his person and helps her find clues along the way. Toby gets two paws up! I can't wait to read the next book in this delightful new cozy mystery series!

Purr M For Murder is a purrfectly delightful cozy murder mystery that pet lovers will enjoy reading!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Great Escapes Virtual Book Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2017/03/purr-m-for-murder-by-tc-lotemp... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Mar 16, 2017 |
Purr M for Murder by T.C. LoTempio is the first book in A Cat Rescue Mystery series. Sydney McCall has returned home to Deer Park, North Carolina after catching her fiancé in flagrante with his secretary. Since Preston Renshaw III was the boss’s son, Sydney quit her job as Director of Marketing at Reid and Renshaw. Her sister, Kat needed her assistance with the Friendly Paws Animal Shelter. Donations have been down and their last two fundraisers did not elicit many funds. Kat is hoping Sydney can apply her marketing prowess to the shelter. Sydney’s first idea is to hold a cat café at Dayna’s Sweets and Treats. It will help raise funds and, hopefully, some cats will find forever homes. Trowbridge Littleton, owner of The Brush and Canvas, is against their event and confronts Kat. It ends with Kat threatening Mr. Littleton (not a wise move on her part). Sydney decides to talk to Mr. Littleton the next morning and arrives at his gallery around 6 a.m. Sydney finds the door open, but no one answers her call (you can see where this is heading). Sydney is startled when Kat turns up next to her (she had been watching for Sydney across the street). They find their way to office and find it has been ransacked. Kat admires a beautiful antique cabinet and is insistent upon looking inside. They open the doors and Trowbridge Littleton falls out. When the police arrive, Sydney is started to discover that Will Worthington (high school crush, of course) is one of the detectives. It is soon apparent that Kat is the primary suspect. It seems that Kat has been holding back on a few details. Sydney puts on her detective cap and sets out to find the real perpetrator with the help of her new cat, Toby (master escape artist). But the killer must take action when Sydney gets a little too close for comfort.

Purr M for Murder is easy to read and nicely written. I found that the book had a good pace which made it easy to read. I appreciated the pet rescue element in the book. It will help make readers aware of the problems facing animals in our society (there are too few no-kill shelters). I liked the main characters of Kat, Sydney and Toby. Toby was a great addition to this tale. Without Toby, Purr M for Murder would not have been as entertaining (he elevated the story). I give Purr M for Murder 4 out of 5 stars. I do wish, though, that the mystery had been a little more complex. It was evident which character would get murdered (the nastiest). Solving the crime was easily discernable. There is one big clue that gave it away early in the story (at least to me). I am hoping that in the next book the author will not put the murder or crime so early in the novel (it makes for the book feel long). I liked the subtle attraction between Will Worthington and Sydney. It is low-key and plays out nicely in the background until the end. I do wonder, though, why authors feel the need to provide a romantic counterpart for their main character in the first book. I like a little romance in my cozies, but I like it when it plays out slowly over the course of the series. I thought the ending was uplifting and cute. With a few tweaks, I believe this will be a pleasurable cozy mystery series. I am looking forward to reading the next book in A Cat Rescue Mystery series. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Mar 14, 2017 |

"Sydney McCall left behind an ex-fianc and a New York advertising job to return home to Deer Park, North Carolina, and help her sister, Kat, run the local animal shelter, Friendly Paws. Determined to save the shelter from financial trouble, Sydney and Kat organize a cat caf fundraising event at a local coffee shop. Things are looking up until their landlord, Trowbridge Littleton, threatens to shut down the event. When Sydney drops by his art gallery to make peace, she finds Kat--along with Littleton's dead body. Local homicide detective Will Worthington--who just happens to be Sydney's old high school crush--is highly suspicious of the sisters' involvement. Desperate to clear their names from the suspect list, Sydney pounces on the investigation. With the help of one of the shelter cats, a savvy orange tabby named Toby, Sydney begins poking her nose into other local businesses whose owners may have benefited from Littleton's death--until the killer notices she's pawing a little too closely at the truth" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,387,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible