An Amish Awakening by Rick Leland

An Amish Awakening

by Rick Leland

90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life by Don Piper (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: An Amish Awakening's main character is an Amish man who became a minister in his Amish church; Don Piper is a minister in a Protestant denomination church. Both claim to have had encounters with Jesus Christ and then returned to earth.
    Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Not an Amish connection as in An Amish Awakening, but the child in the account is believed to have visited Heaven and returned.

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won this book from LibraryThing's Early reviewers. I didn't really start to enjoy this book until the 6th chapter. It was interesting and gave me a lot to think about. I did like getting a glimpse of the Amish life from a man's point of view.
  kaylynvh | May 2, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won this book from Librarything's Early reviewers. I really enjoy Amish fiction, but this one was very different. It was more of a journal. I enjoyed it mostly, but I wish there had been more depth to the topic. There was really no explanation or interpretation of the vision. ( )
  amilligan | Apr 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
An Amish awaking is well put together to bring this interviewed mans story of God's Love and the Amish's Faith is not hard to fathom. Although I have never met an Amish person personally I have read enough to understand a bit of the hardships an Amish person faith places upon their shoulders and and their family. To be shunned and excommunicated just for believing in your faith, reading the bible too much and spreading the word of God about your experiences with him is hard to chew but that is the Amish way. Every culture and religion has their differences and this book definitely put some light on the Amish's tradition of excommunication ( )
  redheadish | Mar 31, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I read the book. Great story and experience! However, I kept wanting more. more detail , more about his life, more about his faith. Sounded like it was hard for him to tell the Amish brethern about his experience. Enjoyed it!
  starbritejan | Mar 13, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A nice story, but a little incomplete for me. Wanted more details of how his life really was. Too much on the surface and not enough of his faith was explained. Still learned a lot about the Amish lifestyle. ( )
  Godsgirl | Feb 27, 2017 |
To: All who love His appearing
We were shoulder to shoulder.

An Amish Awakening

More than just another going to Heaven story.

More than one more Amish book being thrown into the mix.

Airbrushed Amish this is not. The gritty collides with the glorious. Blunt bullies tenderhearted. And the blood of Jesus’ never fails.

Churches filled up. Crowds gathered when they found out that this Amish man would be speaking at an Amish person’s barn or workshop. And countless people dropped by his home unannounced. They wanted to hear his story.

This is the true story of Mark Paul Troyer. Yes, it’s the story everyone wanted to hear. And the book:  An Amish Awakening, is Mark’s life—story. His amazing story. An Amish story like no other.

With tragedy and triumph—the book that was nearly stillborn because of controversy and emotions has come to life. Three and a half years after an abrupt halting of publication; it was time—God's timing. Now An Amish Awakening is ready to shine. “Awake, O sleeper. And arise from the dead…”

The Story? As Mark puts it, "One day at work I was caught up into a whirlwind." And taken to Heaven. And so much more.

From the author of the Jesus at Walmarttrilogy.Rick Leland. More at: rickleland.com

"Reading this book makes me want to have Mark and Frieda over for dinner!"-Toni Jo Tilbury~Book Reviewer

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 06 Dec 2016 20:17:16 -0500)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Rick Leland's book An Amish Awakening is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Free Store Books

An edition of this book was published by Free Store Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,478 books! | Top bar: Always visible