The Otherness Factor: Book 2 (Sic Transit…

The Otherness Factor: Book 2 (Sic Transit Terra)

by Arlene F. Marks

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I got this through the monthly Early Reviewers group here on Librarything.

Enjoyed it very much. This is the 2nd book in a series. I haven't read the 1st book, but I never felt lost or confused about what was going on. This book stands on its own. Looking forward to reading the other books in the series. Good job Marks! ( )
  Bargle5 | Apr 26, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book from librarything early reviewers in exchange for an honest review. I haven't read the first book in the series. I still enjoyed reading this book very much. It was a very interesting storyline and easy to read. I would like to read the first book now. ( )
  Katey.McKinney | Mar 28, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Otherness Factor is more Science Fantasy than science fiction. There's no hard core explanations of the science involved. In fact it seems more about the power of the mind. I haven't read the first book. This book can stand firmly on its own without reading the first. At first it seems a bit disjointed as all the principle characters are introduced. After that it makes more sense. It takes some interesting views of humanity and how it adjusts to differences. I'm just glad the first Dedrick we meat is not the main character, because he had few redeeming qualities. ( )
  Antares1 | Mar 25, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I felt that this cover art rather trivialised the story, as parts of it are quite well written and it contains a number of interesting concepts. The book reads at a fairly fast pace and although some elements are more developed than others it does produce a satisfying tale. I personally found the uncertainties and 'missing' details to be a strength since in reality there are always uncertainties. To have complete 'explanations' or detailed description would also trivialise. We are better knowing that a race reminds humans of earth's big cats than having a detailed anatomy. If information is unknown to all the protagonists it is better that it is also unknown to the reader, unless it is a plot requirement that the reader is guided by an omnipotent and omnipresent narrator. ( )
  mta.greenwood | Mar 24, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
There's no substance to this book. Granted, I haven't read the first book in the series, so I don't know how much is set up previously. Regardless, sequels should in someway touch on the previous book in such a way that even if you hadn't ready it, everything made sense. And that just doesn't come through in this book. ( )
  Music09 | Mar 19, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Arlene F. Marks's book The Otherness Factor is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,471,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible