The Whole Man by C. F, Rose

The Whole Man

by C. F, Rose

I received a copy of this book for an honest review. Evan and Jesse (JB) met 10 years ago and had a brief affair when circumstances interfered with their future. Ten years later, Evan and JB meet again and begin a slow journey towards a relationship. Both had many things to overcome within themselves before they could give anything to a relationship. There were several surprises that I didn't expect. Overall I enjoyed the book and felt it was well written. I would read this author again. ( )
  fiaerfly | Aug 9, 2017 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

The Whole Man was what I would call the 'comfort food' of books. It's a predictable romance novel with a happy ending. There were no surprises. There were no cliff hangers. There were no life or death situations. The whole thing was a sedative read that didn't require any brain power or real concentration to understand what was happening or going to happen at all times. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think everyone could use the comfort of a predictable romance novel every now and then. It's like a blanket that never loses it's warmth.
The one aspect of the book that really let me down was the abusive ex boyfriend. Not gunna lie, I was hoping for the big standoff; the fear of the victim, the show of assertiveness by the abuser, the act of heroism by the new love interest and I got none of that. Literally, nothing. The showdown between Evan and her abuser was so short lived that I almost missed it. It was so anticlimactic that I was actually upset afterwards. The author had created this terrifying situation of Evan being stalked and terrorized by this man and then when he confronts her he does it in a public parking lot and gets caught quickly and easily.

For my entire review please go to https://opinionatedbw.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  OpinionatedBookworm | Aug 4, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I'm reviewing this book as part of the Early Reviewers. This is a relatable book, with family drama. I did tend to put it down once or twice, but overall was an okay read. Definitely an adult type of novel, so I do recommend to under 18yrs. ( )
  AmberTew | May 30, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I usually love a good romance and this was just "meh". It wasn't earth shattering or even very gripping. I'm sorry it was not my favorite. ( )
  grnpickle | Feb 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book. It may be partly since I could really relate to the main character. I won't give too much away, but she deals with some drama due to her family and an ex and I've gone through similar situations on both sides, so I could really relate to some of the issues she faced. I was very busy at home and at work, or I would have finished the book the day I started it, since it was very interesting. I will definitely be interested in the author's future books.

I did think the end was a bit abrupt and too easy after some of the issues in the book, but it's a very good debut novel.

It's a short book, so I'd definitely say you should give this author a try. :-) ( )
  KatKealy | Feb 16, 2017 |
The Whole Man has been a light and easy read with simple language and no confusion. Though at times the drama between Evan and Jesse with their commitment issues is a little tiring. But it all works out in the end.

The Whole Man is a good first book. Given that Evan and Jesse both have two brothers, this could very well be the start of a series. I surely hope that C F Rose does indeed make it a series.

Loved this book. The author did a great job putting you in an emotional rollercoaster and rooting for the main characters!
added by ksherry_us | editKindle, Sherry kayla (Jan 6, 2017)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

C. F, Rose's book The Whole Man is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

C. F, Rose's book The Whole Man was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

C. F, Rose is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,396,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible