Betrayed (Firebrand Series) (Volume 3) by…

Betrayed (Firebrand Series) (Volume 3)

by Sandra Robbins

541,436,638 (4.75)None
1 (1)

Title: Betrayed (Firebrand Series #3)
Author: Sandra Robbins
Pages: 278
Year: 2016
Publisher: Sandra Robbins
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
What a finale! The series begins with a prequel titled, Igniting the Flame where meet the main characters named Ash and Lainey. The sequel, Targeted, continues the story of Ash and Lainey. The next book, Hunted, focuses on Sloane who is kidnapped and her husband Colt who races to attempt to rescue the wife he hasn’t seen in five years. Now, in the final novel, we get to read Reese’s story and why he won’t commit himself to Casey who is also a member of Firebrand.
I loved how the final novel really lets the readers in on the long unknown reason for Reese believing he must remain single. When I read the reason and then Casey’s reaction, it was magnificent! Plus, I loved how the author from the prequel to the end always left some mystery unanswered until now. Each novel had danger and threats that the men who formed the Firebrand Training Facility had to fight against. It was a total surprise to read why Reese had kept himself away from Reese, except when they were on missions together. He knew she loved him and it was mutual, but the fear Reese had for the future really impacted his present.
The whole series had surprises in either the plot or the way the characters interacted, which only drew me into the story more. There is action-packed danger and twists in the plot that grabbed my attention and wouldn’t let me close the book until the end. I think Sandra Robbins did one awesome job writing a series that weaves together what soldiers and their families might go through even after they leave active service. If you love military suspense with action, danger and constant movement along with some romance, here is as series you don’t want to pass up!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Jan 7, 2017 |
I received this book free from Bookfun.org for my honest opinion. That said, I did not read the first books in the series. In a way, that was detrimental, but this book still is a good stand alone book. It was full of drama, suspense and infused with romance. It kept my interest throughout. I thought I figured out the "who dun it", but was not totally correct. That is a good thing. The characters were well developed and believable. Over all, this is a good book. The downside is the editing. It wasn't the worst I've ever encountered, but there were a few places where a word was missing or a wrong word obviously placed. Not so bad that it detracted from the book. I would recommend this book to others that enjoy a good dramatic mystery. ( )
  grammy57 | Dec 10, 2016 |
Betrayed, third and final in the Firebrand series by Sandra Robbins, is an action packed book infused with drama, suspense, mystery and romantic tension. The Firebrand team has been targeted and are on the defensive. Who is after their team? And why? Is the past coming to haunt them or is this a new enemy? Just who are the Malloy Militia men and why are they after Casey, the only woman in the Firebrand brotherhood? Can Casey really walk away from the mercenary life she has adapted and the man she loves? Robbins has done a great job building the suspense, putting twists and turns in the plot to the point of gobsmacking the reader with the ending. A great finale to a great series.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Book Club network. A favorable review was not required and opinions are my own. ( )
  Anne_Rightler | Dec 7, 2016 |
BETRAYED BY SANDRA ROBBINS
Have really enjoyed this series and glad I am able to read this one.
Starts out with Casey Morgan and she's proven herself to Firebrand and they take her on a mission. She gets abducted in Indonesia and is rescued by Reese. She starts to tell him how much she loves him and that she might not have gotten the chance but he only sees her as a valuable member of Firebrand. She's heart broken...
Have enjoyed the mercenary way of life and how it meshes with regular everyday life for some. It's exciting and gets your heart beating at the tender moments when the members not only rely on themselves but God.
She's currently a deputy after leaving Firebrand and she was used to someone always having her back and is not finding that being a deputy. A traffic stop and arrest and then things go terribly wrong as she's accused of shooting Reese.
The Firebrand guys look after her at the headquarters where Reese is also recovering. They try to figure out the clues and who is after them...
Love the action, mysteries and caring that Firebrand stands for. Learning new things: fire triangle, ginseng.
Awesome read, just when things are going at a smooth pace and everything is fine with everybody, is it really? Love the part about Smokey Mountains and i researched it, it happened! Love all the minute details of all the mysteries. Can't wait to read more from this author.
I was given the book by Book Fun (The Book Club Network) and this is my honest review. ( )
  jbarr5 | Dec 7, 2016 |

Casey Morgan, the only woman to have passed the rigorous requirements for induction into the Firebrand brotherhood, has been the perfect soldier as she carried out missions for the CIA with her brothers. She has excelled at all she did except for one thing: to get Reese Alexander, the commander of Firebrand, to realize she is also a woman who loves him very much. When Casey leaves Firebrand, she soon finds herself the target of Malloy’s Militia, a violent group of survivalists who live in the remote mountains and an Indonesian smuggler who has had Casey in his sights for years. As the threats against Casey escalate, Reese knows he must put aside the secret that has kept him from Casey if he is to save the only woman he has ever loved.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 07 Dec 2016 07:45:11 -0500)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible