The Sound of Rain by Gregg Olsen

The Sound of Rain

by Gregg Olsen

0317 (1) 1216 (1) arcs (2) E (1) ebook (2) first-reads (1) mystery (1) mystery/thriller (1) netgalley (2) netgalley-free (1) SH (1) suspense (1) to-read (2)

This was a very taught suspense right up until the end - too many loose ends. ( )
  bookwyrmm | Sep 5, 2017 |
The heroin of this book is far from perfect. Former homicide detective Nicole Foster is a gambling addict. She has lost her house and is now homeless. She and her partner respond to a call concerning a kidnapped little girl. She didn’t know that this would be the case that ended her career. Nicole then becomes obsessed with solving the case. The book is a great mystery – with many twists and turns. I won the book from GoodReads in return for an unbiased review ( )
  peggy.s | Jan 25, 2017 |
Wow! This is one of the best thrillers I've read in a long while! I could not put this book down, and it took me two days to finish it. There are so many shocking twist and turns at the ending that I never saw them coming! The characters were believable, and the storyline will keep you on the edge until the very end. I hope this will be the first book of a series!

I received this copy from NetGalley. ( )
  Amanda.Jo.11 | Jan 22, 2017 |
The Sound Of Rain, author Gregg Olsen weaves a fast paced, riveting, and multi-layered mystery thriller that simply takes the reader on an exhilarating roller coaster ride.

Set in Bellevue, this bone-chilling dark tale has enough drama, gripping suspense, and intriguing twists and turns that will keep the reader holding their breath, guessing, and sitting on the edge of their seat. You can't help but feel compassion for former homicide detective Nicole Foster as she gets a second chance to solve the mystery of three year old Kelsey Chase's kidnapping and murder, while seeking justice and redemption for her past sins. With every riveting twist and turn that unfolds in the story, the intensity and suspense mounts until the surprising climactic ending that will leave you completely spent.

If you are fan of dark suspense thrillers, then The Sound Of Rain is a must read. You won't be disappointed!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Jean Book Nerd.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-sound-of-rain-by-gregg-ols... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Dec 20, 2016 |
I received a free advance e-copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Wow! What a great story. I couldn’t put it down. Full of unexpected twists and turns. A former homicide detective with a gambling addiction hits rock bottom and is seeking redemption as she follows and obsesses over the case of a murdered little girl. The author is an amazing storyteller. This book is full of surprises right up until the end with a shocking discovery at the very end. This is a well-written thriller/murder mystery with good character development and an amazing plot. I look forward to reading more books by Gregg Olsen in the future. This is a keeper and well worth the read. ( )
  iadam | Dec 15, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,454,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible