Harley Quinn and her Gang of Harleys by…

Harley Quinn and her Gang of Harleys

by Jimmy Palmiotti

Series: Harley Quinn

Jimmy Palmiotti and Frank Tieri team up to present Harley Quinn's Gang of Harleys in this six-issue miniseries spin-off from the New 52/DC Rebirth version of Harley Quinn. Featuring art by Mauricet, the story focuses on Harley Sinn, rejected for the lineup of the Gang of Harleys, kidnapping Quinn to eliminate her competition and prove her worth to Harley. The story itself neatly fits between the New 52 and Rebirth volumes with aftereffects felt in Rebirth. While Sinn's father begins as a Donald Trump-esque character, Palmiotti and Tieri manage to make him more than a one-note parody. The exploration of Sinn's backstory and Harley's reaction to her make this one of the more serious, character-driven stories for this version of Harley Quinn (jokes notwithstanding). This story also has greater consequences than other Harley miniseries, such as Harley Quinn and Power Girl, which, while fun, existed in the gutters between panels and only occasionally gets referenced in an offhand manner in other stories. Harley Quinn's Gang of Harleys is a treat for fans of the New 52/DC Rebirth Harley stories! ( )
  DarthDeverell | May 12, 2018 |
Harley Quinn decides to test her Gang of Harley by pretending to be kidnapped, unfortunately, they find out that it's a test (after spending a lot of time "looking" for her), but of course, then Harley gets kidnapped for real by a real psycho. Now the Harley's have to save Harley for real...

I must admit that it has taken me some time to warm up to the Harley's, but now with this volume have I finally started to like them and I quite enjoyed reading this volume. Now, the villain, the psycho who kidnapped Harley is a bit pathetic, a rich wannabe Harley Quinn who is pissed off because she failed the audition to join the Harley's. Still, the volume was good, despite not having a cool villain to fight off, thanks to Harley and her gang.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through Edelweiss for an honest review!

Read this review and others on A Bookaholic Swede ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
The Harleys (and Harley) are in the swing of things. They now get their own colors and on every page it seemed like they all got more and more unique.

Harley gets kidnapped, twice. And the second time it's by a big bad that is thoroughly crazy and not in a good Harley sort of way.

She and the Harleys wind up on a seriously freaky island with many a danger. Can they save their boss?

It was the usual good Harley characterization that has been for the last few years and an alternatively hilarious and touching story.

I got this ARC through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment. ( )
  DanieXJ | Feb 11, 2017 |
I wanted to like this more than I did. It started off as a fun, campy romp and had some good moments. However, it tried too hard to be a mature social commentary. I read superhero comics for action and good stories, not didacticism. There was too much gayness, sexual innuendo and political satire with Trump being a bad guy.On top of that, the main villain turned into someone we were supposed to feel sorry for because it was her bad childhood and terrible parents that really made her evil, not her own actions. I loved the characters in Harley's Gang, though, but just wished the story had more real depth. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jan 24, 2017 |

Spinning out of the New York Times best-selling HARLEY QUINN series comes HARLEY QUINN AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS. Harley Quinn has gone into the vigilante-for-profit business...but there are so many folks who deserve a walloping, there's no way she can do it all herself! That's why she hired the Gang of Harleys-Harley Queens, Harlem Quinn, Bolly Quinn, Harvey Quinn, Carli Quinn and Hanuquinn. But are the Harleys heroes in their own rights, or are they just coasting on their boss' famous and fabulous tailwind? They're about to find out...because Harley Quinn has been kidnapped! Who could be dastardly enough to kidnap Harley...and actually keep her in one place? Who has the method and the motive to target the Gang's loved ones? Can these heroes step up and save their boss, or will the Gang of Harleys become a gang of corpses? HARLEY QUINN AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS collects the complete six-issue miniseries from writers Frank Tieri (Wolverine) and Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN) and hot new artist Mauricet (ROBIN WAR), shining the spotlight on Coney Island's favorite new band of hard-hitting, crime-fighting heroes!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,372,535 books! | Top bar: Always visible