Love Volume 4: The Dinosaur by Frédéric…

Love Volume 4: The Dinosaur

by Frédéric Brrémaud

I love this series of graphic novels. This is the fourth and I tell you it's a pure joy "reading" each of them. The graphic is fantastic and it's hard not to be caught up with the story or feel sorry for the animals that don't survive. And, the ending of this book ... well, it's heartbreaking.

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
Easily the weakest of the series so far, unfortunately, with drab colours and a less focused story than the previous three. Still has its moments, though, including a couple of gorgeous two-page spreads. ( )
  LokiAesir | Nov 25, 2017 |
A comic that works without a single word - this one certainly does! The illustrations are bursting to life - and into your face - with vibrant colors and perfect detail, conveying a kaleidoscope of emotions. Whether it be shock and fear from the full-size T-Rex stomping towards you full-force, sympathy and fun with the little shy and awkward bird-like dinosaur (which my son favored), or awe at the gigantic brachiosaurus. While the author does not shy away from picturing nature's eat-or-be-eaten brutality in bloody detail, even those images share a certain grace and harmony, just like nature itself. This fourth installment is another worthy addition to the LOVE series.

(I chose to read an ARC of this book - all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased) ( )
  misspider | Dec 19, 2016 |
Brrémaud and Bertolucci are back with the fourth installment in their Love series of graphic novels, this time tackling a day in the life of a group of dinosaurs as they navigate trying to survive in the prehistoric world. As with the other volumes in the series, the story is presented with no text accompanying Bertolucci's beautiful illustrations. I continue to be wildly impressed with this series of graphic novels and hope that they continue to develop further volumes in the future.

I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher thru NetGalley for a fair and honest review. ( )
  tapestry100 | Dec 8, 2016 |

"Life in the primordial swamps of prehistoric Earth was a daily trial of survival, especially for the smaller dinosaurs just trying to get by without being trampled, attacked, or eaten. Not even the biggest beasts were safe, as there was always an even bigger threat just beyond the horizon ... --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,235,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible