The Wanted by Robert Crais

The Wanted (2017)

by Robert Crais

Devon Connor asks Elvis to find out how her son came to have a $20,000 wrist watch in his dresser. Soon Elvis learns that his client's son is part of a teenage gang that burgles high end houses stealing cash, lap tops and jewelry. He also soon learns that someone wants one of those lap tops back and doesn't seem to care how many innocent people are killed in the search.

First he must find the the son, Tyson, and then the lap top while trying to keep everyone safe from the two killers who are part of a group looking of the computer. Joe Pike is also present lending his usual skills to the solution of the case.

Another page turner I had to read in one day. ( )
  lamour | Jan 7, 2018 |
When single mom Devon Connor contacts Elvis Cole, she’s worried about her teen-aged son, Tyson. After finding money and valuables in his room, she believes he’s into selling drugs. What Elvis discovers is something far different . . . and far deadlier.

Tyson, and his friends Alec and Amber, have been burglarizing high-end properties and selling portions of their haul at the local flea market. However, in one of the houses, they took the wrong thing from the wrong person, and the effort to retrieve it has left a trail of bodies, a trail that keeps growing and may claim both Elvis and Joe Pike before they can get the kids to safety.

Readers are in for an unputdownable adventure as suspense ramps up the tension from the first page and a frenetic cat-and-mouse game keeps them on the edge of their seats. Along with all the wit, action, and plot twisting readers have come to expect from an Elvis Cole / Joe Pike adventure, there’s plenty of emotional teen angst.

For fans of Elvis and Joe, this is a masterfully-told tale; for readers who’ve never encountered Elvis and Joe [is that possible?] this is a masterfully-told tale that’s likely to send them in search of the first sixteen stories.
It’s a can’t-put-it-down tale that promises to leave the reader anxious for the next book in the series.

Highly recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Jan 6, 2018 |
Been a long time since I finished a book in two days, but lord I love some Elvis Cole. This time out Crais has Cole bringing his unique skill set to the aid of a mother who's son has been led astray by the wrong crowd. It's all typical Cole action assisted as always by his trusty accomplise Pike. As an added bonus, this one has a little bit of better crafted mystery to frame the story. Do yourself favor, pick up and read Robert Crais's The Wanted. You won't be sorry. ( )
  norinrad10 | Dec 31, 2017 |
I am a huge fan of Elvis Cole, but The Wanted fell flat for me. I generally love reading about both Elvis and Joe Pike, but I could barely stomach reading about the two ridiculous bad guys – they were way too over the top for me. I also didn’t feel that Tyson Connor was very believable which made the mystery not very believable as well. I realize that mystery series with numerous books such as this one are bound to have an installment or two that are not my favorite so I am hoping the next one will get back on track. Joe Pike is fabulous, and he kept the book from being a 2-star read for me. I received this book to read and review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  cburnett5 | Dec 27, 2017 |
Elvis Cole and Joe Pike are back in THE WANTED, another excellent story in this iconic series. This time Cole is hired by single-mother Devon Conner to uncover how her son Tyson came into so much money not to mention a priceless watch. Was he dealing drugs? Or maybe involved in the series of B&E robberies that have plagued high-dollar residents in Los Angeles. As Cole peels back the layers of the mystery, he butts heads with the LAPD, who don’t appreciate him digging around in their cases, and a pair of hired killers, who are protecting something, or someone. Who’s behind the robberies, and the killings? Nothing is ever as it seems in La-La-Land. Great characters, clever plotting, and well-written. This series just keeps getting better.

DP Lyle, award-winning author of the Jake Longly, Samantha Cody, and Dub Walker thriller series ( )
  DPLyle | Dec 12, 2017 |

It seemed like a simple case—before the bodies starting piling up. Investigator Elvis Cole and his partner, Joe Pike, take on the deadliest case of their lives, in the new masterpiece of suspense from the #1 New York Times–bestselling author

When single mother Devon Connor hires private investigator Elvis Cole, it’s because her troubled teenage son Tyson is flashing cash and she’s afraid he’s dealing drugs. But the truth is devastatingly different. With two other partners in crime, he’s been responsible for a string of high-end burglaries, a crime spree that takes a deadly turn when one of them is murdered and Tyson and his girlfriend disappear.
            They stole the wrong thing from the wrong man. Determined to get it back, he has hired a team that is smart and brutal, and to even the odds, Cole calls in his friends Joe Pike and Jon Stone. But even they may be overmatched. The hired killers are leaving a trail of bodies in their wake. A few more won’t make any difference.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 22 Dec 2016 17:35:58 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,814,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible