Harajuku Fashions: Adult Fashion Coloring…

Harajuku Fashions: Adult Fashion Coloring Book

by LightBurst Media

322,001,085 (1)None

No tags.

Disclaimer: I don't use a lot of colouring books.
Disclaimer: This review is based on a review ebook provided by the author.

I dislike this book, and it is not for the theme, as the giveaway made it clear that we should not comment on it, I honestly didn't have any problems with it.

I disliked this colouring book because of 2 main reasons, the character anatomy and the backgrounds.

The backgrounds are easier to explain so here we go:
I find the backgrounds incredibly dull. As you can see in the cover image, they are simple shapes being repeated over and over again. That isn't very fun to colour in. Secondly, there are large sections of empty space that need to be coloured in, which makes actually drawing tedious at best and excruciatingly frustrating at worst.

About the character proportions and general anatomy. I have nothing against stylized characters, as an artist myself, I like playing with these things. What bugs me about this book though is that one cannot tell what style the illustrator was even going for, it just looks off in myriad of ways. The problem mentioned earlier that the illustrations aren't really fit for a colouring book applies here as well.

Overall, I'll give this book 1 star, and that's about all I have to say about it. ( )
  Yona.Schuh | Jan 31, 2017 |
I have only looked through this wonderful coloring book. I got it as an e-book so if i have a single page i absolutely love i can print it off multiple times. The pages are extremely cute. They do look like Harajuku Fashion. I am looking forward to coloring them after i finish my other adult coloring books.
  ashashyash | Dec 16, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

LightBurst Media's book Harajuku Fashions: Adult Fashion Coloring Book was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

LightBurst Media is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible