The Green Ribbons by Clare Flynn

The Green Ribbons

by Clare Flynn

212,551,640 (2.75)None
Recently added bywritten, VanessaCW

The Green Ribbons is a well written piece of historical fiction set in the early 1900s in a village in Berkshire. A tale of love, hatred, betrayal and revenge, it's quite fast paced with a few twists and turns. The plot, in my opinion, does become a little contrived and predictable towards the end, maybe even a tad bizarre, and not always particularly believable. Some things just did not add up for me which I cannot dwell on here as it would spoil it for other readers.

There are some interesting characters. I particularly liked Hephzibah and was eager for her story to have a favourable outcome. I was rewarded with a happy (if a little rushed) ending. Hurrah!

The Green Ribbons is an easy, enjoyable and and entertaining read which I would recommend to those who like a good romantic saga set in a bygone era. I would rate it 3.5*. ( )
  VanessaCW | Dec 14, 2016 |

How far would she go to save her marriage? How far would he go to keep a promise? 1900. Eighteen-year old Hephzibah Wildman, homeless and destitute after the tragic death of her parents, becomes a governess at Ingleton Hall. Befriending Merritt Nightingale, the local parson and drawn to the handsome Thomas Egdon, she starts to rebuild her life. When she attracts the unwanted advances of her employer, the country squire Sir Richard Egdon, she makes the first of two desperate decisions that will change not only her own life but the lives of those around her.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 09 Dec 2016 12:04:36 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,257,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible