Think Before You Speak (The Bartender Babe…

Think Before You Speak (The Bartender Babe Chronicles Book 2)

by D A Bale

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byTheGenreMinx, dabale

This is the second installment in The Bartender Babe Chronicles and I found it to be witty, humorous, and a real page turner. I do not know what it is about the character of Vicki Bohanan but she just keeps me entertained page after page. It might be that she is not perfect and that although she makes plenty of mistakes she always wants the best for those she cares about. When I start reading this story I just did not want to set it down!

Vicki is back after her harrowing time helping to solve the last mystery surrounding her old flame Bobby. With that over and her apartment almost complete after being destroyed, Vicki is ready to get back to how things were. Apparently five weeks of sleeping on Zeke’s couch will do that to a girl. Having her freedom back will give her all the time she needs to recuperate and figure out where she wants to take things from here.

That is until her eventful run in with her mom’s interior decorator. It seems that Reggie has a few skeleton’s in his closet and someone is using that ill-gained knowledge for blackmail. Vicki has known Reggie for most of her life and cannot be idle while someone is trying to ruin his life. I thought the whole twist with Reggie’s secret life was interesting. I also enjoyed how he wanted to engage in catching the culprit as well. It was funny because he was so inept at his cloak and dagger ways.

I thought Vicki’s character had great growth from the first book to this one. She is still a party girl but she is starting to mature in her own ways. She has started wanting more for herself. Although she may not be ready to settle down, at least she is realizing that she wants more in a relationship than just sex. Although, I think that her choice by the end of this book was just the wrong one!

Which leads me to my “Whhhhhhyyyyyyyy?????” moment. Why not Zeke?? I need to read the next book in this series just to see if Vicki gets her head out of the clouds long enough to realize that she needs to give Zeke another chance! I just cannot believe that she is going to pass him up?! Their relationship ended because of a misconstrued moment. Can’t her character realize this and see that he is the perfect guy. The ending just killed me because it was just so wrong. Bleh! Even if there are no teams I am making one and calling it Team Zeke. Anyhow, another great story and I highly recommend this book.

This review is based on a complimentary book I received from Author, D.A. Bale. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Feb 13, 2017 |

D A Bale is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,643,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible