The Outer Cape: A Novel by Patrick Dacey

The Outer Cape: A Novel

by Patrick Dacey

No tags.

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Outer Cape seemed to have many of the elements I really enjoy in a novel: family saga, secrets, small town life. As another reviewer has stated though, somehow it didn't come together for me. I found the characters unpleasant, which doesn't at all have to be a deal breaker in a novel but seemed to be, for me, in this case. The author did a good job in his warts and all descriptions of his characters. Maybe too good, since in the end I found none of them sympathetic or even very interesting. ( )
  lmikkel | Apr 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received my copy of The Outer Cape from LT. I so wanted to like this book. The premise is one the I usually enjoy. Family situations, struggles.. secrets. I just could not commit myself to any of the characters. I don't necessarily have to "like" characters, sometimes it makes a better read when you don't lol. Irene and Robert are not very likable - but they also did not feel "real" to me. ( )
  sebago | Apr 19, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
got this morning in the mail. I love winning books. a really good book goes on sale in June. my copy was a advanced readers edition ( )
  KimSalyers | Apr 19, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Outer Cape by Patrick Dacey was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,789,400 books! | Top bar: Always visible