Deadpool (2015-) #22 by Gerry Duggan

No tags.

Yes, this!
3:02 pm 18 November 2016
Deadpool (2015-) #22 - Gerry Duggan, Matteo Lolli, Tradd Moore
Deadpool feels like it's gaining traction: I'd felt distanced from this series for a bit. Then he helped that suicidal girl and I felt that the balance between him being a fuckup, and just wrong, and funny for it and the emotions were starting to get restored. This issue brings back his family - his biological daughter, Ellie, and the family that adopted her - and the fact that Madcap has vowed to destroy his life.

The ending is an emotional punch in the gut, just like when he first found out about Ellie, which is when I felt that the balance started coming in; he wasn't just treading water, but his emotional connection didn't take away from him being so wrong or funny.

And I feel like this is going to come back. I'm worried about what will happen, more so than I have been in a while - and that's a good thing. I'm finding a real connection to this character again. I knew Duggan could do it well and have it be smooth - and he did.
Marvel Graphic Novel Favorite Author deadpool favorite character avengers related read in 2016
19 ( )
  All_Hail_Grimlock | Dec 9, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,505,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible