Suicide Squad (2016-) #5 by Rob Williams

Suicide Squad (2016-) #5

by Rob Williams

312,001,085 (4.5)None
Recently added byadrisl, All_Hail_Grimlock

A little shine has worn off
9:31 am 7 November 2016
Suicide Squad (2016-) #5 - Stephen Byrne, Alex Sinclair, Scott Williams, Jim Lee, Rob Williams
I like Hack, but I found her backstory at the end to be a little lackluster: it told us about where she physically came from, but didn't feel like it delved as deeply into her personality as some of the other backstories. Since she's not a favorite character, I found this less compelling than other backstories. She comes from an African slum and the reasons for her worshipping Harley Quinn could have had a little more meat to it instead of just being stated as plainly as it was. Given how hard her life was, and how much Harley represented freedom to her, this should have felt heartfelt - and it didn't.

Everything felt rushed, so I ended feeling as if this could have been better than it was.

That being said, the main storyline with Zod out of commission - and everyone trying to decide what to do with him - felt a little more thought out, and resonated more with me. I hope more consideration is given to the secondary backstories in the future.
Graphic Novel DC harley quinn Suicide Squad read in 2016 deadshot killer croc ( )
  All_Hail_Grimlock | Dec 9, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,004,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible