Essentials of Cultural Anthropology by…

Essentials of Cultural Anthropology (edition 2010)

by Garrick Bailey, James Peoples

Info:Wadsworth Publishing (2010), Edition: 2, Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:Non-Fiction, Anthropology

Essentials of Cultural Anthropology by Garrick Bailey

Same situation here. I read Humanity for my cultural class last semester, but since I'm tutoring the class and this is their text this semester, I read it to stay up to date. It's an updated version of Humanity. My professor explained it as them taking the essentials of that book and putting it in this one. Only there were multiple times that I thought they didn't include some 'essential' information that was in the previous edition but not this one. Which was kind of funny in some ways and not funny in other ways. But there is still plenty of information in here for an introduction class. I think it is well suited for professors who use it along with supplement ethnographies. ( )
  Kassilem | Dec 5, 2012 |

Garrick Baileyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Peoples, JamesAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

This text is a brief, more affordable version of the Peoples and Bailey, HUMANITY: AN INTRODUCTION TO CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY, Fifth Edition (2000). Its coverage of core topics, smaller size, and economical price make it well suited for instructors who wish to adopt a core text along with supplemental texts such as readers and ethnographies. The text shares, in a briefer format, the same rich characteristics that made HUMANITY a best-seller over the years: strong scholarship, rich ethnographic examples and a unique focus on modern ethnicity and the survival of indigenous peoples.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:24 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,942,389 books! | Top bar: Always visible