Power Man and Iron Fist #3 Comic Book by…

Power Man and Iron Fist #3 Comic Book

by Marvel

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byAll_Hail_Grimlock

No tags.

Love!
7:21 pm 2 November 2016
Power Man and Iron Fist (2016-) #3 - David F. Walker, Sanford Greene
Danielle Cage is so cute! Yup, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have an adorable baby named Danielle. Luke is particularly adorable in this series: he admits that Jessica is the boss (which is why she can swear in front of Danielle and he has to use 'fiddle-faddle'), why she gets to tell him which shirt he's allowed to wear when fighting, and why he lets her yell and swear at him. (Well, that, and he tells Danny it's how she shows affection when he thinks she hates him.)

Danny and Luke together are the most epic bromance I can think of, too. They work against each other perfectly, too, and I happen to love their banter in this run. Along with that, Luke is drawn as the cutest hulk of a man ever, and he towers over both Danny and especially Jessica. To see him be calm when she yells at him, a man about twice her size, just makes me love him more. (She's been through a lot, and he clearly is head over heels in love with her. He isn't passive; he just accepts the way she is and loves her not for but despite her faults.)

Jessica is angry at this new team up, mostly because she's worried about her husband. Clearly she should be worried: Danny and Luke get into trouble, especially when they're together. Like when they get tricked into stealing a necklace and giving it to their friend. She said it was stolen for her, and instead it's a very powerful force that might corrupt her.

This is mostly Luke and Danny getting permission from Jessica to go out, then trailing their friend, and former employee, Jennie Royce. Danny insists that Jennie must be innocent, and Luke isn't so sure, not anymore. It causes some minor tension that they deal with by betting on the likelihood and teasing each other, instead of allowing it to seep into their interactions. Overall, this feels like such a reaffirming series. Not only is the art and story equally tight and excellent, but it's all about love. The central bromance is the most obvious, and Danny and Luke do love each other. It's completely platonic, but it's more than a partnership or friendship: they care deeply for each other.

That being said, it's less clear cut, but there's the love that Luke has for his family and they have for him. It's clear in the way he stands up for Jessica, in the way she's so protective of him and Danielle. There's a brief scene where Danny lays down and plays with Danielle, too, and it's clear that he not only cares for Luke, but for Luke's family as well. (Despite his belief that Jessica hates him, he does seem to care for her if only because Luke loves her. He tries to help Luke by saying it's all his fault, and despite his desire to team up with Luke, he doesn't press the issue. At least not in front of Jessica. He tries to protect her as much as he can, and again, I believe it's because he loves Luke dearly and t's not only because doesn't want Luke to get in trouble with his wife. Danny knows upsetting Jessica would upset Luke - and that bothers him.)

I love this series so much! I don't know why I'm not subscribing. Even though I'd have to give up another series, I think it'd be worth it and I probably will next week if it doesn't show up in a sale on Comixology again.
Marvel Graphic Novel favorite character i ship this read in 2016 ( )
  All_Hail_Grimlock | Dec 9, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,081,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible