MOON KNIGHT #6 VOL 8 by Marvel

No tags.

Loving this series!
3:39 pm 2 November 2016
Moon Knight (2016-) #6 - Greg Smallwood, Jeff Lemire
I picked these up in paper since I didn't have more on sale. Eight came out today and, well, I wanted to catch up and since there were only two issues...

That being said, this issue is weirder than the others, exploring Moon Knight's personalities: Marc Spector, Jake Lockley and Steven Grant. This issue is as fragmented as Moon Knight is, using different art styles to explore these personalities as well as a new scenario in which Moon Knight is a ship - or the name of a style of ships, all numbered - and there's a Space Wolves coup d'etat going on.

It also weaves in the first five issues, insisting that Grant's been in the mental hospital and with Crawley coming back to remind Lockley of the recent past. All three of him, and Moon Knight himself, seem to be lost in the hallucinatory reality, though.

That being said, at one point one of the personalities thinks that he knows he's one man and he knows he's not crazy. I think this counts as a hive mind or merge for the bingo, although I could have gone with breaking the fourth wall - Steven Grant is directing Moon Knight movie starring Marc Spector - or alien empire for the Space Wolves at the end or mythology due to the mention of Khonshu. No doubt seven or eight will count as mythology and eight may even be alien empire if there's more of the Space Wolves aspect, which seems likely.

Brilliant storyline, brilliant art, and this is quickly becoming a favorite series. I also got this variant which has nothing to do with the series:

I didn't even realize it was a Defenders tie-in/variant until I had paid for it, and I was happy to get this.
Marvel Graphic Novel Favorite Author favorite character read in 2016 ( )
  All_Hail_Grimlock | Dec 9, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,891,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible