Spider-Gwen #13 Comic Book by Jason Latour

by Jason Latour

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byMrsMich02, All_Hail_Grimlock

No tags.

Happy Halloween to the Mary Janes!
8:17 pm 31 October 2016
Spider-Gwen (2015-) #13 - Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez
The Mary Janes, a band with vocalist Mary Jane Watson and drummer Gwen Stacy, decide to spend Halloween in Mysterio's crazy-ass carnival. That, unbeknownst to them, spews gas that makes them hallucinate their craziest fears.

It's actually a neat stand alone story that introduces a mediocre 616 Spider-Man villain and uses that mediocrity to full effect here. (Just to be clear: some authors have used Mystery to great affect, but I find him to be somewhat mediocre in general. That being said, playing around with that feels rather meta to me, and I love meta. The whole thing has a tongue-in-cheek aspect to it: it's making fun of Mysterio and it revels in that gentle poking of this character.)

It's an example of using him to his full potential, partially because this is a new version of him and so I'm not sure quite what to expect. The humor is perfection, as is the way that this is creepy because both the Mary Janes and the audience aren't quite sure what's what for much of this issue.

I'm glad I read this on Halloween even if I won't read it again immediately for the Halloween bingo. I'm sure I'll have enough to read later, though, so I'm not worried.
Marvel Graphic Novel AU favorite character spider-verse read in 2016 ( )
  All_Hail_Grimlock | Dec 9, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,235,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible