Secrets in Summer by Nancy Thayer

Secrets in Summer

by Nancy Thayer

Secrets in summer by Nancy Thayer
Starts out with Darcy and she's inherited her grandmothers house on the island. She had married young after college where she waitressed to make ends meet. She met Bose and they date and get married to divorce years later.
She's the librarian for children's section on the island and it's summer where the island blossoms to tens of thousands of visitors. She figures out who's renting the house behind her hedge-her ex and his new family. She listens to many of the conversations from the other side and is able to stop the island 20 year old try to persaude the 14 year old girl of taking drugs.
She also becomes friends with the older woman who has visitors for the summer also. Love hearing of the confrontations along with steamy scenes with her boyfriend Nash, an island contractor.
Growing up on an island reminds me of this where everybody knows everybody business and then some. Love the dream of the yarn shop by Susan, a friend.
Everybody has a secret and Darcy seems to hear them all and then some...
Fascinating to learn of all the drama but it's real life also.
From NLS for my BARD player. ( )
  jbarr5 | Mar 13, 2018 |
Sweet book. She is a nice author. Always want to go to Nantucket after reading her books. ( )
  shazjhb | Aug 1, 2017 |
Summer months are busy but there is always a bit of time to relax, unwind and enjoy a bit of good reading! Secrets in Summer was the perfect Summer reading for me this past month. Romance, intrigue, Nantucket Summers, tangled emotions and sweet moments. The stuff that makes for an excellent romance read ~ any time of year!

I received this book for free. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own. Thank you to Ms. Thayer, Random House LLC and Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book. ( )
  mrsrenee | Jul 15, 2017 |
Rating: Four
Review:

"Secrets in Summer" by Nancy Thayer

My Thoughts...

"Secrets in Summer" really gives you quite a read where the reader will be pulled into many different directions. We find Darcy Cotterill a librarian is in her Nantucket home where she has inherited it from her grandmother. Oh, let me just say she is dating Nash being newly divorced. But what all was up with that? Now it is the beginning of Memorial Day and people are showing up. But to Darcy's surprise her neighbor behind her is none other that her ex [Boyz] and his new wife [Autumn] and stepdaughter[Willow]. Some other neighbors.were one with three boys and a elderly woman who was staying with her grandson [Clive] who happens to be thirty. We now get the start of the story as the it will go into their life's. Now, this is where this story will get most interesting as the story isn't only about the neighbors but of 'adultery, drugs, senior citizen issues, secrets and then it seems like this ex doesn't know what the word no really means.' Really what in the world was that about? Didn't Boyz leave his wife [Darcy] for this new one? I am only left to say that Darcy really had her hands full because it seems like she was just too involved with everyone life which did get a little over the top to me. You will definitely have to pick up this good read to see how it will all come out for Darcy. I will say this is a good summer entertaining read that will keep your attention to see what will happen next in this story. In the end will Darcy be able to get out of her past and finally find a permanency in her life that she will enjoy? It will be a interesting to read and see how this story does unfold.

I received this from NetGalley to read and review. ( )
  arlenadean | Jun 14, 2017 |
While the covers of these summer-y reads are always similar, what's inside will differ quite a bit. I liked how Thayer set the story of how Darcy becomes an islander, not just a summer person. With a job at the local library, in charge of children's programs, Darcy's life post-divorce is moving right along, complete with a budding romance with Nash. The drama, flirting and secrets begin as the summer people begin to inhabit nearby homes. While I did think it was a bit strange for Darcy to friend her ex-husband's step-daughter so quickly, I enjoyed how they wound up being neighbors. A boisterous family with three boys (and a beleaguered mom), and an elderly woman staying with her handsome grandson finish out the neighborhood for the season. This was a fun way to kick off the beginning of summer, lots of different storylines coming together nicely at the end. ( )
  ethel55 | Jun 2, 2017 |
To Tricia Patterson

with admiration
and heaps and heaps of love
It was completely by accident that Darcy Cotterill spied on her ex-husband.

"Darcy Cotterill, 30 and divorced, works at the Nantucket library during the day. She spends most nights in her backyard, gazing at the stars. She's on the brink of starting a relationship with a local carpenter, Nash, when she gets new neighbors for the summer, the most unexpected of whom are her ex-husband, his new wife, and step-daughter. As Darcy is drawn into the lives of her neighbors, she develops a crush on another vacationer, Clive, a musicologist visiting with his grandmother. Over the course of the summer, Darcy is driven to decide what she truly wants--is she over her ex? Will she choose Nash or Clive?"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,309,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible