A Plain and Sweet Christmas Romance…

A Plain and Sweet Christmas Romance Collection: Spend Christmas with 9…

by Lauralee Bliss

Enjoy a simple Christmas, sweetened by love, in historical communities of plain faith people. Four romances develop among the Ohio River Valley Quakers of the mid-1800s. Two Mennonite couples face influences from outside their old traditions. Two Amish couples from the early 1900s are affected by world events. And in an Amana community, childhood sweethearts are reunited. Each story also includes a recipe for a sweet traditional treat.… (more)

This book has something for anyone who likes a good clean Christmas story, with a bit of romance thrown in.
You are in for a real treat, only have a little bit of time for reading, there are nine novellas here, and you will be finishing one and ready to start another in no time.
These are plain people, Amish, and Mennonite, a few Quakers and then we also have an Amana Colony, made me wish there were more.
Be ready for snow, of course Christmas time, and there are some real blizzards our folks have to contend with. Come and enjoy a refreshing adventure.
I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Barbour and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Sep 1, 2017 |
One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is to read a few Christmas romances as a treat for myself. This year I chose to read A Plain and Sweet Christmas Romance Collection. The stories are full of the plain faith, community, love and the spirit of Christmas. With authors such as Melanie Dobson, Lauralee Bliss, Ramona Cecil, Diane Christner, Jerry Eicher, Olivia Newport, Rachael Phillips, Claire Sanders and Anna Shmidt .... how could it not be a wonderful Christmas read!

I highly recommend A Plain and Sweet Christmas Romance Collection and I plan on visiting these enchanting stories again and again throughout the year to keep the Christmas spirit alive all year long. ( )
  mrsrenee | Dec 31, 2016 |

Newport, Oliviasecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Phillips, Rachael O.Authorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sanders, Clairesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schmidt, AnnaAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,712,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible