Echo of Danger: Echo Falls, Book 1 by Marta…

Echo of Danger: Echo Falls, Book 1

by Marta Perry

92950,433 (5)1

Why would someone want to kill her best friend, this is what Deidre has to find out, when her son is injured, and we don’t know who would want to hurt them.
From the beginning to the end we are waiting to see who is the murderer, and again who is breaking into the house, and making attempts on their lives.
We are in Amish Pennsylvania and although Deidre isn’t Amish lots of her relatives are, and I loved how Kevin, her 5-year-old son, and his cousin Ben, who doesn’t yet speak English, converse and play together.
We follow along in this nail-biting story but are able to enjoy the picturesque scenery around us; I could almost feel the mist from the falls. While the place is beautiful, there also seems to be danger lurking, but why.
When we find out the details, they are so very heart breaking, but I never saw all of it coming. A real page turner of a story, and can’t wait for the next book in this series.
I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Harlequin, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Apr 25, 2017 |
Jason Glassman has taken a job as an attorney in Echo Falls after he was betrayed by his fiance and almost disbarred because of what she did. When his new boss - Judge Morris - asks him to get close to his daughter-in-law and try to find out if she is a fit mother to his grandson, Jason agrees. But getting to know Deidre Morris shows him a woman far different than the picture the judge painted of her.

At their first encounter, he sees her home and they discover the body of her friend who was babysitting for five-year-old Kevin who has also been badly injured. Kevin doesn't remember anything about what happened. His last memory is of earlier that day. But someone is afraid that Kevin will remember.

Deidre wants to know what happened to her friend Dixie and she wants her small son to be safe. Jason spends time with Deidre and Kevin during this difficult time and begins to care for her. He becomes more and more convinced that the judge's suspicions are baseless.

Meanwhile the judge is keeping the pressure on Deidre to move Kevin and her to his cold, formal home. Deidre is reluctant because she knows what pressure he put on his son and doesn't want to subject her son to it. But the judge is a powerful man in the small town and it is hard for Deidre to go against him.

I enjoyed the setting of this story and the strong relationships. Deidre has a good support system among her Amish cousins. I also liked the way the relationship between Jason and Deidre grew slowly. This was a very nice romantic suspense story. ( )
  kmartin802 | Apr 4, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,116,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible