The Beloved Hope Chest (An Amish Heirloom…

The Beloved Hope Chest (An Amish Heirloom Novel)

by Amy Clipston

206515,329 (4.71)None

Loved this story. This is the fourth book in the Amish Heirloom series. The first three books are about Mattie Fisher's three daughters and their courtships and marriages. This book is how Mattie fell in love with her husband and almost left him. You do not need to read the first three books to so enjoy this story. This is more of a prequel to the others of the series. Everyone in this story learns mantra lessons. I laughed and cried throughout this book. I received a copy of this book from Celebratelit for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | May 21, 2017 |
Title: The Beloved Hope Chest (An Amish Heirloom Novel #4)
Author: Amy Clipston
Pages: 320
Year: 2017
Publisher: Zondervan
My rating 5 out of 5 stars!
The end. Those words are the hardest to read in this series as I have really enjoyed the characters and each one’s tale woven with heart and faith. The first three books in the series are The Forgotten Recipe, The Courtship Basket and The Cherished Quilt. In each book, the focus is on a daughter of Leroy and Mattie Fisher with a snippet of the parents’ past that none of the daughters knows. For years Mattie has been able to keep the past in the past, but now she knows it is time to tell her story to her daughters as they are grown women.
I found Mattie’s story really compelling, especially the fact that Leroy though tempted to give up on Mattie many times, pursued her with such a deep love. While he does give her time without any contact from him, what it shows Mattie is how much she does truly love Leroy. The tale shows too how grief has no time limit and much grace with patience needs to be extended to someone who is walking through the valley even though they wish they could be someplace else.
Amy Clipston writes stories of faith, heart and realistic characters which makes readers able to connect with them and keep reading for a long time. I am an eclectic reader for the most part and am always on the lookout for authors who love to tell a compelling story with heart and this author excels at doing just that and more! So, if you have never read her books before, this is a great series to begin with. Beware though as once you start you’ll never want to miss another book again!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | May 19, 2017 |
This is book four and the final book in the Amish Heirloom Series, and from the first to the last page it does not disappoint. I really could not put this one down, and even though you know the ending from the beginning it was still compelling.
Warning you need to have the tissues handy, so much heartache and loss, and yet there is love abounding in this close knit Amish Community. This is the Fisher daughter’s mom’s story, and what a hidden story she has, how it had never come out before is surprising, but the results are the same, and there are three young woman who hear it that are the proof.
One cannot comprehend how grief is handled from one person to another, we are all different, and have to come to terms with it as well as we can. You might not think Mattie handles it very well, but we would never know unless we walk in her shoes, and no one would choose to do so.
What a kind man Leroy is and he sure wore his heart on his sleeve, and it was there years before Mattie even realized. We know the ending here, and thank goodness, but the path sure wasn’t an easy one. I know I am going to miss this family, and wish there were more to come, but this does wrap up beautifully.
I received this book from the Author, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | May 9, 2017 |
The Beloved Hope Chest by Amy Clipston is the fourth book in An Amish Heirloom Novel series. Mattie Fisher’s daughters have slowly uncovered clues to her secret as they delved into her hope chest. Mattie gathers Veronica, Rachel, and Emily and starts sharing the story that has she kept hidden for twenty-eight years. It takes her back to February of 1989 to a life she had before she met their father, Leroy. It is an emotional tale that brings back many memories and reminds her of a sad period in her life. Pull up a chair to Mattie Fisher’s table and listen to her story in The Beloved Hope Chest.

The Beloved Hope Chest is a well-written novel that ties all the threads together from the previous three books. Readers find out how the items the daughters found in the hope chest fit into Mattie’s journey. The novel had a good pace, great characters, and a picturesque setting. I sat down to read The Beloved Hope Chest and was quickly drawn into the story. I did not stop reading until I finished the book (I was up quite late that night). I give The Beloved Hope Chest 5 out of 5 stars. Important issues addressed in The Beloved Hope Chest are love, faith, trusting God, forgiveness, power of prayer, and the importance of communication between couples. The Beloved Hope Chest is not a stand-alone novel. You need to read The Forgotten Recipe, The Courtship Basket, and The Cherished Quilt prior to The Beloved Hope Chest. It is the only way you will understand what is happening in this final book in An Amish Heirloom Novel series. While reading The Beloved Hope Chest, your emotions will be on a roller coaster. I found some parts of the story to be heartbreaking. The ending is touching. I provided only a brief summary of the book so I would not reveal any spoilers. I hope others will enjoy The Beloved Hope Chest as much as I did. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Apr 26, 2017 |
Sunday, April 23, 2017
The Beloved Hope Chest by Amy Clipston, © 2017
Amish Heirloom, Book 4

My Review:
I have been wanting to read this final book in the Amish Heirloom series by Amy Clipston. Will this bond the family further together or separate them with the disclosure of the hidden away memories in their mamm's hope chest?

I love how this last book has begun at the very beginning as Mamm shares her heart with her girls. I loved the other books, but... have been excited to discover the clue from the first and continuing stories in the series. Life has a way of happening in the very least way we thought it would. Hearts held lightly to grow in what is today until a depth cannot be expressed in words. Love happens as a gleaning of learning together, discovering or finding usually little by little or slowly ~ coming together in trust.

Home. Safe. Cherished.

Especially, to know the rest of the story before discovering the very beginnings. Happiness has already been shared. Lives have played out to today. An adventure of love that will carry them through anything that may have come before.

Leroy Fisher has known loss in his life that affects his expectations and concern for Mattie. Wanting to shelter and care for her ~ and fulfill his longing of his longtime love for her, these childhood friends seek refuge.

Mattie's parents, with their children now adults, have chosen a smaller one-bedroom cottage for them with her dat considering retirement in building and selling furniture in a shared business with another man.

This story is looking back as Mattie realizes how she has been loved and provision for future generations by a glimpse of what caring for another can look like in retrospect. Others come alongside to share, encouraging her as all things are new on an untraveled path to find her way.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3, 4

Enjoy the previous stories in the series that share clues to this final story.
The Forgotten Recipe ~ The Courtship Basket ~ The Cherished Quilt

***Thank you, author Amy Clipston for sharing an Advance Reader's Copy with me. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.*** ( )
  lanehillhouse | Apr 24, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0310341973, Paperback)

In the final installment of the Amish Heirloom series, the Fisher sisters learn the mystery behind their parents’ marriage—and about the sibling who has never been spoken of.

Mattie Fisher’s three daughters know that she’s been keeping a secret from them. With each item pulled from the beloved family hope chest, they’ve discovered a new clue about their mother’s past.

But there’s a reason Mattie has been keeping her history hidden, and she’s not sure she’s ready to reopen old wounds. Will dredging up the past change the way her children view her? Or her marriage to their father? And can she handle the pain of revisiting the memories that preceded the last few happy decades?

Mattie’s story is one of grief and learning to love again. But like the best things preserved in a hope chest, it's a story of love and redemption born out of heartache—and it's past time to share it.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 12 Mar 2017 16:52:07 -0400)

"In the final installment of the Amish Heirloom series, the Fisher sisters learn the mystery behind their parents' marriage--and about the sibling who has never been spoken of. Mattie Fisher's three daughters know that she's been keeping a secret from them. With each item pulled from the beloved family hope chest, they've discovered a new clue about their mother's past. But there's a reason Mattie has been keeping her history hidden, and she's not sure she's ready to reopen old wounds. Will dredging up the past change the way her children view her? Or her marriage to their father? And can she handle the pain of revisiting the memories that preceded the last few happy decades? Mattie's story is one of grief and learning to love again. But like the best things preserved in a hope chest, it's a story of love and redemption born out of heartache--and it's past time to share it"-- "From bestselling author Amy Clipston, The Beloved Hope Chest peers into the life of Mattie Fisher as she shares a story of heartache and redemption with her three cherished daughters"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,414,657 books! | Top bar: Always visible