World of Pooh by A. A. Milne

World of Pooh (edition 1957)

by A. A. Milne

Member:empress8411
Title:World of Pooh
Authors:A. A. Milne
Info:Dutton Juvenile (1957), Edition: 1st Illustrated Edition, Paperback, 314 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Childrens - Classic

The World of Winnie-the-Pooh: The Complete Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (Author)

Recently added byprivate library, niccory, T4NK, holsa, SpoonyTheSpoon, Amante, MerryMary, strongasanoak
Legacy LibrariesAstrid Lindgren

English (28)  Danish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (30)
Winnie-the-Pooh
A great book, with each chapter as humorous as the last. I was a little surprised that Tigger did not make an appearance in the first book, but such as it is.

The House at Pooh Corner
This book was filled with much the same humour, but i think there was more story arching through one chapter to the next, as opposed to stand alone stories. In addition, the last chapter was almost depressing as we say Goody-Bye.

The illustrations by E H Shepard were fantastic and offered excellent visuals to accompany the text.

As i have the Folio Society editions of the boxed set, this edition is printed in extremely heavy paper and the colors of the illustrations are quite vibrant. Highly recommend the story as well as the edition. ( )
  T4NK | Sep 30, 2014 |
What is not to like? One of the most precious books in all children's literature. Characters so memorable they have become part of our culture. Not a bad thing. ( )
  JVioland | Jul 14, 2014 |
Ah, what a classic, I used to just read it over and over and over............. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
This classic by AA Milne is a sweet book about friendship, imagination, and exploration. Milne's wit and gentleness can be seen on every page as Winnie the Pooh and his friends have adventures in the Hundred Acre Woods. Young children will love hearing this book read aloud and people of all ages can appreciate the wisdom found within each chapter.
  emmalune | Mar 13, 2014 |
This is a sterling rendition of these wonderful books. The cast is spectacular, the music delightful and the atmosphere captivating. I never want it to end. I could listen to this again and again. It just makes me feel good all over. I come away humming Pooh's hums and looking for a stream to play Pooh sticks. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |

Milne, A. A.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shepard, Ernest H.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shepard, E.H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
TO HER

Hand in hand we come
Christopher Robin and I
To lay this book in your lap.
Say you're surprised?
Say you like it?
Say it's just what you wanted?
Because it's yours -
Because we love you.
Introduction:  If you happen to have read another book about Christopher Robin, you may remember that he once had a swan (or the swan had Christopher Robin, I don't know which) and that he used to call this swan Pooh.
This work includes both "Winnie-the-Pooh" and "The House at Pooh Corner". Please don't combine with either work.

"The World of Pooh" includes "Winnie-the-Pooh" and "The House at Pooh Corner".
"The World of Christopher Robin" includes "When We Were Very Young" and "Now We Are Six".

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0525457232, Hardcover)

When Christopher Robin asks Pooh what he likes doing best in the world, Pooh says, after much thought, "What I like best in the whole world is Me and Piglet going to see You, and You saying 'What about a little something?' and Me saying, 'Well, I shouldn't mind a little something, should you, Piglet,' and it being a hummy sort of day outside, and birds singing."

Happy readers for over 70 years couldn't agree more. Pooh's status as a "Bear of Very Little Brain" belies his profoundly eternal wisdom in the ways of the world. To many, Winnie-the-Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and the others are as familiar and important as their own family members. A.A. Milne's classics, Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner, are brought together in this beautiful edition, complete and unabridged, with recolored illustrations by Milne's creative counterpart, Ernest H. Shepard. Join Pooh and the gang as they meet a Heffalump, help get Pooh unstuck from Rabbit's doorway, (re)build a house for Eeyore, and try to unbounce Tigger. A childhood is simply not complete without full participation in all of Pooh's adventures. (All ages) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:51 -0400)

This deluxe volume brings all of the Pooh stories together in one full-color, large-format book with complete and unabridged text and illustrations.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,305,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible