What Fresh Smell by Jeffrey Marks

by Jeffrey Marks

312,001,085 (4)None
Recently added byseeword, TxYanky, Harley0326

No tags.

The story is very well written and I enjoyed the selection of a daycare for the focus of the story. It was a different location than the normal quaint little shop which made the story a bit more serious. Parents drop their children off everyday at day care thinking they will be safe. The staff is nice and the atmosphere seems happy. What if one day you get a call that a shooting has happened at the day care you use?

For Marissa Scott dropping her child off at daycare is a routine she does everyday, Her job is working at the cosmetics department in a store. She seemed to enjoy her job and I loved how the author made her character very strong. She is very responsible and funny at times. The unthinkable happens one day when someone is shot and killed at her child's daycare . I know if I had gotten a call like that, I would be in panic mode.

Gavin is Marissa's ex boyfriend who is a police officer. He seemed kinda moody and not really wanting to share much information with Marissa. Does Gavin know the person who was killed? The author does a great job of giving subtle hints about the killer, but I was totally shocked at the end of the story. There is a lot going on with break -ins around town that leave Marissa suspicious of several people. I enjoyed the twists in the story and the determination of the main character to solve the crime. The ending is good and left room for hopefully another book about Marissa and Gavin . I would love to read more about their relationship and also to resolve the friction between Marissa and her mom.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from Great Escapes Book Tour. The review is my own opinion and I was not compensated for it. ( )
  Harley0326 | Dec 11, 2016 |

Jeffrey Marks is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,613 books! | Top bar: Always visible