They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera

They Both Die at the End (edition 2017)

by Adam Silvera (Author)

Member:Mrs.Jacobs
Title:They Both Die at the End
Authors:Adam Silvera (Author)
Info:HarperTeen (2017), 384 pages
Collections:Battle of the Books Covers, New Books

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera

Recently added bydastevens, davidabrams, rena75, private library, jmillikan, ebr_edgecombe

I hadn't read Silvera before, and I'm glad I started here. This was a quiet book, with solid worldbuilding if not a lot of plot. It was both mournful and joyful and he struck a wonderful balance between the two.

It also can't be overstated how important it is to see yourself reflected in the media you consume. It was such a refreshing change of pace to read a book populated almost exclusively by characters of color, and without comment. Especially for queer people of color, representation matters. ( )
  mediumofballpoint | Mar 4, 2019 |
This book is more about living not dying, but honestly don’t expect anything different from what the title says. Two death day people find each other on an app for the dying, meet up and this is their story of that last day they share. Nice story, sweet story, it did not come across as an extraordinary sad story. The instagram account was a nice little Eater egg.
This book will not be one that I will remember a couple of years from now. For me it was one of those, read it and forget it books. Pleasant to read at the time but not worth keeping in my brain cache. I gaveit four stars because I did enjoy the read.
  greergreer | Mar 1, 2019 |
I am not okay.

How the hell can something that I've been expecting from the very beginning be so devastating and heartbreaking?
The title says that they both will die for heaven's sake!
Yet when Mateo died I found myself sobbing.

Adam Silvera has this talent to write beautiful books that would shatter you beyond repair no matter how much you prepare for it. And this was no different.

I loved those characters, Mateo and Rufus were so different yet somehow worked perfectly together, their friendship was the most beautiful thing ever.

The whole Death Cast thing was such a huge paradox for me to be honest. From what I've seen in the book, a lot of the deaths were actually caused by those damned calls.
I am so curious about this whole death cast thing, how the heck do they even know who will die that die wth????
I need more information god blast it!

I really liked that the story wasn't told exclusively from Mateo and Rufus' point of views. It gave the story a lot more depth and made me more invested in it.

All in all this was yet another beautiful but heart wrenching book by Adam Silvera. I suffered but I loved every moment of it.
Though I guess I'll stay away from his books for a bit now, I need to recover from this book first. ( )
  Ray_ | Feb 18, 2019 |
I think this just wasn't a good match for me. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
Mijn volledige recensie is terug te vinden op:

Het lijkt een vast gegeven. Het einde is al bekend en daar laat je je niet meer door verrassen. Maar als je het als auteur voor elkaar krijgt dat je als lezer allerlei complotten verzint zodat je het einde kan veranderen, dan lijkt mij dat de missie geslaagd is. Ik bleef complotten zien en argumenten aandragen zodat het toch anders zou eindigen. De doos met tissues heb ik heel hard nodig gehad. Vanaf de eerste bladzijde had het verhaal mij in zijn greep.
Ik vind het een pracht verhaal. Je ziet hoe, zowel Mateo als Rufus, met onafwendbare omgaan. Hoe ze samen zijn en hoe ze met hun naasten omgaan. Zoals ik al zei: prachtig.

LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |

Adam Silveraprimary authorall editionscalculated
Crouch, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Daymond, RobbieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fitzsimmons, ErinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Prades, SimonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To live is the rarest thing in the world.
Most people exist, that’s all.
—Oscar Wilde
For those who need a reminder to make every day count.

Shout-out to Mom for all the love and
Cecilia for all the tough love. I’ve always needed both.
Death-Cast is calling with the warning of a lifetime—I’m going to die today.

In a near-future New York City where a service alerts people on the day they will die, teenagers Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio meet using the Last Friend app and are faced with the challenge of living a lifetime on their End Day.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,357,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible