Runaways, Volume 6: Parental Guidance by…

Runaways, Volume 6: Parental Guidance (2010)

by Brian K. Vaughan, Adrian Alphona (Illustrator)

Series: Runaways (6)

Another fun Runaways story. Karolina returns, although we get less of her thoughts about what her life as become than I'd like. The main story provided a nice tie back to the original Runaways plot. While the ending was tragic, for whatever reason it didn't have the same emotional impact to me as I would have hoped. (Perhaps, because this being comics, dead people aren't always necessarily dead. Maybe this'll be an exception.) ( )
  teknognome | Nov 14, 2016 |
Molly, the youngest member of the team, gets a chance to go out on her own with her fabulous hats. Here she has an adventure straight out of Dickens, than enables her to be the way to do the planning.

Fun for the whole family.

Library copy. ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 16, 2016 |
With the Parental Guidance storyline, the Vaughan is back on top. We start off with a Molly one-off where she is knocked into the water and taken by a former professor turned wannabe Fagin who forces children to steal for him. We get to see Molly take charge for once and it's nice to see.

The rest of the issues in this run bring the behind-the-scenes antagonists from the start of this series into the light. We meet this secondary Pride, find out who they are, and what they plan to do. Unfortunately, not everything turns out for the best.

This is definitely the saddest storyline so far. I won't say why, you'll just have to find out for yourself. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Sep 29, 2014 |
Like I have said before. Anything can happen in a comic book/graphic novel. The art work is still distracting. ( )
  lesmel | Apr 19, 2013 |

Brian K. Vaughanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Alphona, AdrianIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Is she dead?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785119523, Paperback)

When the youngest member of the Runaways is separated from her teammates, Molly Hayes must survive a night alone on the mean streets of Los Angeles! The 11-year-old mutant girl soon hooks up with a new group of runaways, but is their mysterious leader a hero or a villain? Collects Runaways #13-18.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:20 -0400)

The secret super-villain society is back, but this time, the members aren't the Runaways' parents. Who are they and what do they want with the Runaways? Plus, eleven-year-old Molly Hayes must survive a night alone on the streets of Los Angelas when she becomes separated from her teammates.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,657,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible