Myth Conceptions (Myth Books) by Robert…

Myth Conceptions (Myth Books) (original 1980; edition 1996)

by Robert Asprin

Member:Skaidon
Title:Myth Conceptions (Myth Books)
Authors:Robert Asprin
Info:Ace Books (1996), Paperback, 217 pages

Myth Conceptions by Robert Asprin (1980)

Recently added byrena75, hathor03, cinhad, RempelHome

Skeeve, the almighty, takes on an entire army, with some help.

I didn't laugh as much as in the first book, but this was a solid humor book and I enjoyed the time I spent on it.

I kind of wish that Tanda was either less involved or more. I keep waiting for her to latch on to Skeeve and for the hijinks to ensue... ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This is an extremely entertaining and fast paced book. The story jumps from one adventure to another without any fluff or letdown. The writing is witty. I can't wait to read the next one. ( )
  grandpahobo | Sep 24, 2015 |
A childhood favorite re-visited.

Is the story as good as I remember? – Yes

What ages would I recommend it too? – Twelve and up. While ten to twelve might enjoy it, there are many ideas they will not understand. Though, they will certainly get many of the jokes.

Length? – Reasonable for an afternoon.

Characters? – Memorable, several characters.

Setting? – Fantasy, alternate dimensions.

Written approximately? – 1980.

Does the story leave questions in the readers mind? – Ready to read more.

Any issues the author (or a more recent publisher) should cover? No.

Short storyline: Skeeve and Aahz leave their hideout to work for a kingdom, not realizing the likelihood of death that decision involves. They must visit another dimension in order to recruit help to save the kingdom and themselves. Skeeve’s dragon, Gleep plays an active role as well.

Notes for the reader: In this story, this author takes the emotions of his characters seriously. The characters don’t just race through the story full of action without emotion. The author realized the importance of the reader connecting to the characters by giving us the emotions, and even the reasons behind those sometimes odd emotions for the situation. While the first few times, it is a shock to the system to actually read of a character having an emotion, soon, it just becomes an enhancement to the story. In fact, when the lack of emotions by the main character becomes apparent in a later story, even that is noted by all the characters, until it is resolved. ( )
  AprilBrown | Feb 25, 2015 |
Silly but really fun
  kplamp | Mar 15, 2014 |
I thought this book was fun, but I thought that RA would play with this world for a while, and then let it drop and go on to something else. If you are going to read any of these, this (the second to be published), is the one to start with. ( )
  DinadansFriend | Jan 27, 2014 |

Robert Asprinprimary authorall editionscalculated
FangornCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Freas, KellyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Freas, PollyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Velez, WalterCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Of all the various unpleasant ways to be aroused from a sound sleep, one of the worst is the noise of a dragon and a unicorn playing tag.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441555217, Mass Market Paperback)

After mistakenly being appointed court magician by a regent who should have known better, apprentice mage Skeeve must defend a kingdom from the mightiest invading army in the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:52 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,602,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible