Goodbye, Vitamin: A Novel by Rachel Khong

Goodbye, Vitamin: A Novel

by Rachel Khong

No tags.

I received this book through a GoodReads Giveaway.*

A touching and humorous story of a daughter who decides to spend a year caring for her father after he receives an Alzheimer's diagnosis. Sharp and funny, this book flew right by as Ruth spends time with her erratic and sometimes lucid father while also reflecting on her own life - she's recently quit her job, ended an engagement, and is struggling over what she should do next. A good, light read and one I'd recommend for anyone with an Alzheimer's sufferer in their family. ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Apr 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I am glad that I was given the opportunity to read an advance copy of Goodbye, Vitamin. I found it an interesting read. I think the author did a great job with the complex family dynamics in this book. I appreciated the humor, particularly loving the father’s journal entries from Ruth’s childhood. Sadly, the reversal of roles was less humorous. I liked that the book was limited to one “year in the life”; I did not want to “witness” the inevitable decline in Howard’s health and how it would affect the family. I was happy that the book was able to demonstrate mostly positive events in a difficult situation. ( )
  Loried | Apr 8, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Goodbye, Vitamin by Rachel Khong was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,789,407 books! | Top bar: Always visible