Take Off Your Glasses and See: A Mind/Body…

Take Off Your Glasses and See: A Mind/Body Approach to Expanding Your…

by Jacob Liberman

844215,540 (4)1

". . . I've found that our eyesight is simply a reflection of our view of reality. So when the mind begins to see more clearly, the eyes also begin to see more clearly — and that shift can be instantaneous." Get ready for a very different view of improving your vision. Without surgery, without eyeglasses or contact lenses or magnifying glasses, Liberman proposes that you can naturally improve your vision, even if you're nearly blind. In fact, he even recounts the story of a blind man who sees. In the Appendices, Liberman lists "behavioral optometrists" and "natural vision improvement practitioners" by state and country. Mind and vision are inseparable, he argues, and therefore the first step to healing your vision is to delve into the contents of your mind. I found this a fascinating read. (June 2004) ( )
  bookcrazed | Jan 12, 2012 |
My eyesight and astigmatism have improved every year since I read this book. My vision has gone from 20/50 to 20/25 in the last 10 years. ( )
  MrDowney | Oct 25, 2010 |
I'm not positive of my rating on this book as the effects of it are not in yet. I'm doing the exercises & have other things to try (like using weaker reading glasses for longer periods) before I can say for sure.I had high hopes for the book & while they weren't completely dashed, I wasn't terribly pleased to find out that it mostly dealt with long range vision & my problem is with my close range. Still, it gave me some support for a theory that I'd held myself - my optometrist gives me stronger glasses than I really need & that isn't really helping me, it's just making me more dependent on glasses. Included are eye exercises & a chart to help me continue to work on building my ability to 'see' without the help of glasses. Whether I'll ever get rid of reading glasses entirely is doubtful, but hopefully my vision won't get worse.He has an interesting theory on vision. Since he is an optometrist & it follows my own inclinations, I tend to lend a lot of credence to it. If you hate glasses, this is the book for you. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Sep 25, 2009 |
How blind men see and other wonders populate the paragraphs between practical advice and science. There's a new field called behavioral optometry, and optometrists and ophthalmologists who label their approach "wholistic." Makes ya think. ( )
  bookcrazed | May 24, 2006 |

Jacob Liberman, an internationally recognized authority on holistic vision care, explains how most vision problems are the result of an unconscious decision to "close your eyes" to emotional discomfort or pain, and how increasingly powerful corrective lenses only encourage eyesight to withdraw even further. By removing lenses and practicing breath- and movement-awareness techniques to shift your perception, you can reintegrate the original disruption in the mind/body system. Dr. Liberman’s approach can help you join the thousands who have escaped from the self-defeating cycle of poor vision.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:38 -0400)

This revolutionary new look at vision will broaden your understanding of how you see and how you can see without your glasses or contact lenses.nbsp; nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;Take Off Your Glasses and See shows you how to free yourself from the crutch of prescription lenses, to build your self-confidence and awareness, and to open up your inner and outer vision in order to see more clearly. nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;Jacob Liberman, an internationally recognized authority on holistic vision care, explains how most vision problems are the result of an unconscious decision to "close your eyes" to emotional discomfort or pain, and how increasingly powerful corrective lenses only encourage eyesight to withdraw even further. By removing lenses and practicing breath- and movement-awareness techniques to shift your perception, you can reintegrate the original disruption in the mind/body system. Dr. Liberman's approach can help you join the thousands who have escaped from the self-defeating cycle of poor vision.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,361,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible