The Good Daughter: A Novel by Karin…

The Good Daughter: A Novel (edition 2017)

by Karin Slaughter (Author)

Member:Twink
Title:The Good Daughter: A Novel
Authors:Karin Slaughter (Author)
Info:William Morrow (2017), 528 pages
Rating:*****

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter

English (42)  Dutch (2)  All languages (44)
I love Karin Slaughter and everything she writes. This book kept me engaged from beginning to end. It was non stop from the get go. So many twists and turns I was always kept guessing. If you’re a fan of thrillers and the mystery genre, you’ll really enjoy this. Each character was unique and compelling, their storylines woven together in a way that only Slaughter can do. ( )
  erthom02 | Nov 20, 2018 |
I started with the audio version of the book and it began with a such an intensity I almost decided not to continue for I thought that if this is the first chapter of the book, does it just get more graphic and heart-pounding from here? Did I really want to read a book full of suffering, anguish, and evil? As "Chapter 1" begins it is 28 years later and you are thrown into another tragic scene with one of the sisters, Charlie. Karen Slaughter definitely keeps you at the edge of your seat throughout the book but slowly unravels relationships, redemption, the will to survive, and amazingly you'll smile during some of the interactions between family members . I switched back and further from reading the book and listening to it. The characters and relationships are interesting and the intrigue of the story line will hold you through the end. ( )
  kglattstein | Oct 27, 2018 |
The Good Daughter kept me going for all 600 plus pages although I was a little uncomfortable with some of the violence...Its the riveting story of a family tragedy and the aftermath still going on 28 years later...there were two Good Daughters, which one was the better? Maybe Karin could have titled it "The Good Daughters".. Charlie and Sam were survivors in a world filled with horror and pain, even though I don't think they considered themselves survivors...I won this on Good Reads, and although the violence made me a little uneasy, I had to finish to see the end.... ( )
  ccheripka | Oct 20, 2018 |
Another excellent novel by Karin Slaughter! ( )
  mrsgrits | Sep 25, 2018 |
Another superb read by Slaughter. An unusual novel ostensibly set at a school shooting where one knows who did it although not why. The latter is, naturally, the focus of the novel but mostly somewhat in the background until its close. There are 3 or 4 other parallel stories involving the family of the main protagonists - a dysfunctional family although understandable due to a trauma they endured in the past. It's set in rural Georgia and while no deliverance the culture has a strong role to play. Nicely written and a full story but not overly complex. I particularly liked the fact the chapters weren't short and staccato. ( )
  martinhughharvey | Sep 13, 2018 |
"...what you call my struggle to submit ... is not struggle to submit but a struggle to accept and with passion. I mean, possibly, with joy. Picture me with my ground teeth stalking joy--fully armed too as it's a highly dangerous quest." - Flannery O'Connor
Samantha Quinn felt the stinging of a thousand hornets inside her legs as she ran down the long, forlorn driveway toward the farmhouse.

Twenty-eight years ago, Charlotte and Samantha Quinn's happy small-town family life was torn apart by a terrifying attack on their family home. It left their mother dead. It left their father - Pikeville's notorious defense attorney - devastated. And it left the family fractured beyond repair, consumed by secrets from that terrible night. Twenty-eight years later, and Charlie has followed in her father's footsteps to become a lawyer herself - the ideal good daughter. But when violence comes to Pikeville again - and a shocking tragedy leaves the whole town traumatized - Charlie is plunged into a nightmare. Not only is she the first witness on the scene, but it's a case that unleashes the terrible memories she's spent so long trying to suppress. Because the shocking truth about the crime that destroyed her family nearly 30 years ago won't stay buried forever.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,284,086 books! | Top bar: Always visible