Getting It Back (Red Hot Russians) by…

Getting It Back (Red Hot Russians) (edition 2016)

by Elizabeth Harmon (Author)

711,617,126 (4)None
Member:RobynBachar
Title:Getting It Back (Red Hot Russians)
Authors:Elizabeth Harmon (Author)
Info:Carina Press (2016), 243 pages
Collections:Read and owned, Your library
Tags:contemporary romance

Getting It Back by Elizabeth Harmon

I love figure skating. Seriously, I think its the best Olympic sport ever. So, needly to say, I jumped on reading this book!! Getting it Back combines skating and second chances for a great romance!

Misha is a very well written character! He has some demons to battle-his injury and his strained relationship with his father. Amy is still a bit burned from Misha's brush off years earlier but when he asked for her help, she gave it. I loved Amy as well-she is such a 'fixer'. I also really enjoyed the comeback story of Misha. He wants to be a gold medalist again even though his injury is pretty significant. Amy really thinks he should find the joy in teaching and coaching because his body can't handle the demands of being a professional athlete any longer. There are just so many layers to the story that you can't put it down.

However, Misha could be a bit of a jerk at times. He was so selfish and perhaps it seemed even more noticeable because Amy is so giving. Also, while I breezed through the first 1/2 of the book, the second 1/2 seemed a bit slow and I found myself skimming a bit.

So, my final thoughts are that if you love second chance romance, figure skating, and comeback kids, you should check out Getting it Back! (PS-Its the first book in the series I have read even though its book 3; it totally can be read as a stand alone!)
The Book Disciple ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,903,355 books! | Top bar: Always visible