Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper

Behold a Pale Horse (1991)

by William Cooper

English (2)  German (1)  All languages (3)
On page 196 of BEHOLD A PALE HORSE, in a chapter titled “The Secret Government”, William Cooper states that between “January 1947 and December 1952 at least 16 crashed or downed alien craft, 65 alien bodies, and one live alien were recovered. The wreckage and carnage didn’t stop there. My complete review of BEHOLD A PALE HORSE is available at my book review blog: http://www.tgblogger.com/?p=679. ( )
  LynBarTri | Jun 23, 2013 |
I’d recommend this book because it’s fascinating to anybody with an interest in American government. Even if you don’t agree with William Cooper’s ideas (and I certainly didn’t agree with many of them), it’s an interesting read and an excellent jumping-off point for additional research of your own.

I initially picked up this book because I love reading about UFOs, and I was interested in reading about them from the perspective of an “inside” man. In that respect, I was disappointed, only because I feel the description on the back of the book misrepresented what it was about. Basically, this is a book positing Cooper’s theory that the Illuminati control the world (although there are many other things in it as well, UFOs included).

It’s hard to take this book seriously because of the poor writing, disorganization, and slightly underhanded comments scattered throughout the text. I think I would have enjoyed this so much more (and it would have been more credible) had the research been well-organized and rational, without Cooper’s numerous ad hominem mini-diatribes directed at those who do not share his views.

If you’re really interested in this subject matter, I’d recommend this book simply because William Cooper is a fairly prominent figure in conspiracy theory, and familiarity with his beliefs can’t be a bad thing, especially if you’re like me and enjoy doing your own research after reading a book. At the very least, it will make you think -- and if you’re a diehard skeptic, you’ll enjoy rolling your eyes at it. ( )
1 vote Lukin | May 11, 2009 |
"There have been many related sequential coincidences all throughout my life, incidents that by themselves would have led nowhere."
A former member of the U.S. Naval Intelligence Briefing Team reveals the truth as he sees it, from the assassination of John F. Kennedy to the war on drugs to the Secret Government to UFOs. Abridged

The author, former U.S. Naval Intelligence Briefing Team Member, reveals information kept secret by our government since the 1940s. UFOs, the J.F.K.. assassination, the Secret Government, the war on drugs and more by the world's leading expert on UFOs.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:41 -0400)

A former member of the U.S. Naval Intelligence briefing team reveals information that the government has kept secret since the 1940s, on topics ranging from UFOs and the assassination of JFK to the war on drugs.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,496,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible