One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

One of Us Is Lying (original 2017; edition 2017)

by Karen M. McManus (Author)

Member:SCHS
Title:One of Us Is Lying
Authors:Karen M. McManus (Author)
Info:Delacorte Press (2017), 368 pages
Collections:RCS 17-18 Battle of the Books

One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus (2017)

English (74)  Italian (1)  All languages (75)
I thought this was a great teen mystery. I liked the characters and seeing their points of view. The story seemed well paced and I just wanted to keep going to find out what happened. I don't think there's enough teen mysteries out there. I also liked that there were some relevant issues the story dealt with to make it more relatable. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
Finished this week: One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus — this has been on my Library digital hold for months and was finally available this week. I was intrigued by the comparison to Breakfast Club, one of my favorite movies. I really enjoyed it, the characters are diverse in that breakfast club/high school way: nerd, jock, princess, troublemaker, but with the complications of 21st century social media and oh yeah, a 5th (entirely unlikeable) kid dying suddenly in detention and the other 4 investigated for murder. It was a fast read and interesting. I think the author did a good job telling the story from each person’s point of view in alternating chapters and balancing the emotions of high school Life in general with the added stress of the whole school thinking you’re a murderer. 4.5/5 stars ⭐️ ( )
  justjoshinreads | Mar 22, 2019 |
When the creator of a high school gossip app mysteriously dies in front of four high-profile students all four become suspects. It's up to them to solve the case. ( )
  ShellyPYA | Mar 5, 2019 |
I’m not usually much of a YA reader, but this book deserves its praise. It was a fun read that moved quickly and was quite well qritten, especially considering the multiple POVs used. The characters were rich and the author did a fantastic job subverting stereotypes in some places and holding fast to them in others. Definitely worth the read. ( )
  mediumofballpoint | Mar 4, 2019 |
I started this expecting to actively dislike it. Not only didn't I dislike it, I actively liked it. I was so pleasantly surprised! The characters are stereotypes, but the plot and character development were good.

I've read several reviews that objected to the treatment of sexuality and mental illness. I'm going to keep thinking about that. If these are sensitive areas for you, be cautious. ( )
  joyblue | Mar 3, 2019 |

Karen M. McManusprimary authorall editionscalculated
Crossland, KenDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Impey, AlisonCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Resnick, KerriCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jack, who always makes me laugh
A sex tape. A pregnancy scare. Two cheating scandals. And that’s just this week’s update.

"When the creator of a high school gossip app mysteriously dies in front of four high-profile students all four become suspects. It's up to them to solve the case"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,749,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible