One of us is lying by Karen M. McManus

One of us is lying (original 2017; edition 2017)

by Karen M. McManus

Member:agneson9
Title:One of us is lying
Authors:Karen M. McManus
Info:London : Penguin, 2017.
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:grp-fiction, for-chi-ya, grp-gen

One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus (2017)

The suspense was built really well, intertwined with plot twists and red herrings that drew your attention away from who the real killer was. At the surface, the characters seem to be just portrayals of typical high school stereotypes, but as we learn the secrets each character is hiding, we learn there's more to their story than meets the eye. McManus artfully reveals each of her characters while the suspense is unfolding.

McManus's book is a bit like a modern day Breakfast Club with a murder mystery thrown in. If you're a fan of the show Riverdale and are looking for a twisty, high school mystery, this is definitely the book for you.

Read more on my blog at Between-the-Shelves!
  Amanda7 | Oct 12, 2018 |
The book was too YA for my tastes. I found the characters cliched and written flatly. An extra star for having four different narrators for the four different protagonists in their respective chapters. ( )
  dougcornelius | Oct 5, 2018 |
This was a wonderful read for teens. I enjoyed the concept of the book and thought the various characters were fun to read about. ( )
  ladyoflorien | Sep 14, 2018 |
Page turner! Couldn't wait to see "who dunnit". ( )
  kimpiddington | Sep 12, 2018 |
I purchased this book from Amazon to read with @popthebutterfly readalong. All opinions are my own. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus. Life as A teenager is complicated. There's drama and gossip and sports and fitting in with the right crowd add suspected murder and technology to the mix and the world becomes uncontrollable on its best day. 5 teens end up in detention and a when a car accident happens the teacher is away when a well known student has an allergic reaction that ends his life. 4 teens then struggle with the trauma of losing a friend while fighting off rumors, nosy reporters and suspecting police officers at every turn they take. As if high school isn't hard enough imagine being a murder suspect before your 18th birthday and everything you do being watched under a microscope. The mystery of this murder lies in rumors unearthed on the internet. Be careful who you think is guilty because just when you think you have it figured out all the other teens involved look just as guilty. Review also posted on Instagram @@borensbooks, Library Thing, Go Read, Goodreads/StacieBoren, Amazon, Twitter @jason_stacie and my blog at readsbystacie.com ( )
  SBoren | Sep 7, 2018 |

Karen M. McManusprimary authorall editionscalculated
Crossland, KenDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Impey, AlisonCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Resnick, KerriCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jack, who always makes me laugh
A sex tape. A pregnancy scare. Two cheating scandals. And that’s just this week’s update.

"When the creator of a high school gossip app mysteriously dies in front of four high-profile students all four become suspects. It's up to them to solve the case"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,680,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible