The Sierra Jensen Collection, Volume One by…

The Sierra Jensen Collection, Volume One

by Robin Jones Gunn

I was a little skeptical about reading this series because the reviews I read prior to reading it said it was aimed more towards a middle school audience. However, just a few pages in I found myself really enjoying the storyline. I received the Sierra Jensen Collection Vol. 1 series a year or two ago to review and I completely forgot about it until now and once I started reading it I could not stop. This, however, was not because the book was extremely relevant to me as an adult. It was because it was relevant to my middle school aged sister and gave me a little insight into the life of a teenager after God’s own heart.
In the book Sierra Jensen is a 16 year old teenage girl who, after attending a life changing mission trip in Europe, is on fire with the Lord and is ready to grow up and find romance. Volume one is all about her discovering contentment and joy with where she is in life, instead of looking towards the future. This book has a little of everything: romance, suspense, hardships, and struggles.
What I enjoyed most about this book, however, was that it is a good, clean Christian book full of great verses, prayers and good advice. I love how throughout Sierra’s trials she learned to rely even more upon the Lord. Throughout volume one, the reader gets the chance to see her relationship with her family and friends grow as a result of her becoming even closer to the Lord. All in all, I would say that this book is a must read for teenagers and their families. It’s a great read for young girls who want to learn more about God, making Godly choices and what a relationship with Him looks like.
I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.
  Lexistar08 | Dec 28, 2013 |
Positive role model. Not much action, but teenage angst is sufficient and well-crafted enough to provide empathy and relevence. The stories' wholesomeness is refreshing and encouraging. Recommended for all high school libraries. ( )
  storybook2 | Jun 15, 2009 |
These books are about a teenage girls life who goes through many absticles with family, friends and boyfriends. These books send many good messages about God for whoever reads it. You may enjoy it better if you have a snese for adventure and romance. ( )
  nm.fall08.HJohnson | Nov 3, 2008 |

Contains the first three books in the Sierra Jensen series.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,662,359 books! | Top bar: Always visible