The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook: Kauai Revealed…

The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook: Kauai Revealed

by Andrew Doughty

224None51,715 (4.44)None
Recently added byAdolf_Ledesma, jooliebe, private library, jjjcjames, hashiru, Artemis64, fjpreader, diana.n
(1) 16.95 (1) 2001 (1) 2009 (1) 2010 (1) adventure & travel (1) c2006 (1) culture and travel (1) GB (1) geography (1) guide (3) guidebook (4) Hawaii (37) home (1) Kauai (17) library (1) mine (1) non-fiction (12) own (2) owned (2) paperback (1) read (2) reference (6) travel (77) travel book (1) travel guide (6) US (1) US travel (1) USA (3) using (1)

These guidebooks are terrific. I have found them to be accurate and very informative, even for a kamaina ( )
  marilynsantiago | Jan 3, 2012 |
I feel somewhat guilty for including this book in my Challenge 50 list for 2009 but I seriously did read this guidebook cover to cover and it is simply one of the best guidebooks I have ever read for any traveling I have done. Mr. Doughty has simply put a ton of research into writing this superb little book. My wife and I spent 10 days on Kauai, and we had 4 different guidebooks for the island. After two days we left the other three at home. On top of having genuine and frank reviews of beaches, resturants, hotels, activities, I also learned a ton about the cculture of the island. There is even a great little essay on Ni'ihau, the forbidden island to the south west.

No matter what you are into, this book gives you a review on it. There are so many little tips everywhere that made our vacation so much more rewarding and intersting. We went kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, and heiau searching and this book made it so easy to find out where we should go. The few times we decided to take a chance on a place the book recommended against, we found ourselves sorely disappointed. ( )
  BenjaminHahn | Oct 23, 2009 |
If you are going to Kauai, you must obtain a copy of this book, read it, and carry it with you wherever you go. ( )
  bumpish | Jul 5, 2009 |

Most travel titles are put together in a few weeks by visiting travel writers. Wizard guidebooks take over a year to compile and the writers are residents who personally and anonymously review every facet of the island. Their maps are the best you'll find. From restaurants to helicopter companies to scuba to beaches to trails. They see it all and show you the best the island has to offer. They also reveal who's the worst and who to stay away from. All told in a frank, humorous way that keeps the reading fun.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:42 -0400)

A complete traveler's reference to the Hawaiian island of Kauai, with full color illustrations, maps, directions and candid advice by an author who resides in Hawaii.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,414,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible