Ma Speaks Up: And a First Generation…

Ma Speaks Up: And a First Generation Daughter Talks Back

by Marianne Leone

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was an interesting read for me because I don't think I've read a mother-daughter memoir that was so honest as Ma Speaks Up. Marianne Leone is an entertaining writer and I enjoyed her book, her relationship with her mother was kind of sad though. I'm really close to my Mom so parts of this book were hard for me to connect to, but I appreciated how the author laid everything out there even if it maybe put some people in a bad light. You as the reader knew she was just telling her story.
  book_in_hand | Jul 19, 2017 |
A fun relateable story about a rebellious daughter and her mother. I enjoyed it being able to relate to the daughter. ( )
  Robin_Miller_Cresci | Jul 9, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Need to finish reading this book, had a death of someone very close to me and haven't read much at all lately. Will update review when finished reading
  kykim | Jun 28, 2017 |
I received this book through Library Thing's Early Reviewers program. I was disappointed in this memoir. ( )
  lvmygrdn | Jun 22, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I will preface my review by saying that memoirs are quickly becoming my least favorite genre. As with this book, Ma Speaks Up, which I received as part of the Early Reviewers program, I just kept thinking, "Who cares?".
The book was well written and there were some interesting moments, but it reminded me too much of teaching middle school and listening to so many of the students who were dealing those adolescent agonies- the majority of which were centered around their dealings with their parents.
Not a bad book, just not for me! ( )
  justella | Jun 12, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Marianne Leone's book Ma Speaks Up is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,175,423 books! | Top bar: Always visible