Evelyn Finds Herself by Josephine Elder

Evelyn Finds Herself (original 1929; edition 2006)

by Josephine Elder

Member:Sarah.Woodall
Title:Evelyn Finds Herself
Authors:Josephine Elder
Info:Girls Gone By (2006), Edition: 1st ed thus, Paperback
Collections:Typeset

Evelyn Finds Herself by Josephine Elder (1929)

Spectacularly good. This is a very in-depth description of what happens when two girls grow up together and then grow into themselves. It's a brilliant school story with appropriate school drama and goings-on and the characterization is beautiful. A really outstanding novel, which I expected, but also a very important novel that's got a lot to say about becoming who you are. I was a little nervous when I found out this spanned 4 years but the continuity is perfect and the characters superbly fleshed out (my favourite was The Gypsy). ( )
  RubyScarlett | Nov 11, 2013 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

To
THE GIRLS OF THE G.P.D.S.T. SCHOOLS
This book is Dedicated
by One of Them
In the hope that they may find it life-life, except for the Author's licence which allows the matches for the Hockey Cup to take place in the autumn instead of the spring term

Evelyn and Elizabeth are inseparable best friends, academic leaders of the school, and hoping for places at Cambridge. However, when Madeleine arrives, she comes between them in a way that permanently threatens their friendship.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,894,973 books! | Top bar: Always visible