Crash by Jerry Spinelli

Crash (1996)

by Jerry Spinelli

Recently added bydavidgn, LetoileFIS, private library, rgruberexcel, APSPLibrary
    Rude Health by Linda Aronson (panbiot)
    panbiot: Condividono una visione umoristica sugli stili di vita alternativi

RGG: Easy, fun read about a middle-school athlete's emotional maturing.
  rgruberexcel | Aug 18, 2015 |
This was just excellent. I experienced 3 fits of laughter and cried for 15 minutes, twice. This is hot cocoa, chicken soup, and brownies for a cold and depressing day.

I'm so hoping that my students will love it, too. ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Helps a middle school kid or parent understand a little of the jock mentality, and how to help those poor kids... ;) ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
I'm torn about what to think of Crash. It's a children's book that in certain ways takes a very harsh view on the world. It's a book that might be good for future Crashes, but for more Webb-like readers such as myself is disturbing in parts. Yet at the same time, Spinelli's realism is awesome when it comes to things like the whole situation with Crash's mom and sister. An unusual children's novel in that its flaws are intertwined with its virtues. ( )
  Audacity88 | Jul 30, 2014 |
Crash is a great read for the times. Even teasing and practical jokes can hurt, and it took a major change in Crash's life to put his priorities in order. Some bullies never change, but some can.

Also, totally enjoyed Webb and also Abby and her backyard wildlife preserve. ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 22, 2014 |
My real name is John. John Coogan. But everybody calls me Crash, even my parents.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440238579, Mass Market Paperback)

Now available in paperback, Newbery Medalist Jerry Spinelli's hilarious, poignant story of  cocky seventh-grade superjock Crash Coogan.

From the Trade Paperback edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:35 -0400)

Seventh-grader John "Crash" Coogan has always been comfortable with his tough, aggressive behavior, until his relationship with an unusual Quaker boy and his grandfather's stroke make him consider the meaning of friendship and the importance of family.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,016,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible